Rewards for High Achievement Score idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koveras, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Koveras Elder

I'm not sure how others will react to this thought but I figured I should post this, because Xbox Live and Playstation Network as of recent have been giving out rewards to those for high achievement/trophy scores, should the same be allowed for EverQuest?

Taken for granted, I figured I pass this thought on to see what others think considering the fact a number of EverQuest players have a very high achievement score on EverQuest.
  2. Recnarp Augur

There are a good amount of achievements that yield rewards.
    UF = a mount, AAs
    HoT = a title, bags, personal tribute trophies, an illusion
    VoA = a title, bags, guild tribute trophies, a mount, an additional merc slot
    13th = a bag, an aug
    Heros = armor and weapons (think it gives a title too, or that may be the tutorial)

There may be more, but those are just off the time of my head. If you're wanting something for completing everything, I guess it would have to depend on what you are asking for. Fluff stuff is fine as a reward for putting in the hours to complete it, but something that gave you an advantage over another player I would have to say no to.
    RekMMO likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some achievements give their own rewards, I don't think we need any more rewards adding.
  4. Cakvala Augur

Well arent they doing something in a very small scale with ROF? The collecting things?
  5. fransisco Augur

I always thought achievements were mostly for their own sake.
    Once they start giving powerful/useful rewards, they stop being achievements and become required quests
    RekMMO likes this.
  6. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Achievements are Nerd Points. Nothing more.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  7. Tobynn Augur

I reckon that most don't have the slightest clue how many achievement points they have, nor do they care. The day those points become useful in any way they will suddenly become significant. Until then, entirely meaningless.
    Vuncar likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

<----- Nerd !!! gotta get em all !
  9. Cakvala Augur

I agree I dont really pay attention to the points I have. heh
  10. Khoza Augur

Prefixes and Suffixes would be perfect rewards. (Of course, as above, there already are such things for certain achievements.)

Soandso the Overachiever
    Soandso the Completionist

etc.
    RekMMO and Beimeith like this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I would go for either of those two.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

It works for Xbox, why not copy it? ;p
  13. Koveras Elder

I was thinking more towards like rewards on how many achievement points one has in general, not due to completing an expansion.

My idea was like say for example, someone has 3000 achievement points and gets a special item of sort on the player's birthday, then 5000 achievement points the character gets 5% off on most things they buy from the Station Cash Store as that character, then 7000 points they get a 1000 Loyality Point bonus, then 9000 achievement points, the EverQuest Player (witch should happen only once) gets an additional Veteran Ability as if they got an extra year on there account.

These kind of ideas, of course the devs don't have to make them exactly as I describe should they ever be interested in making this into a reality.
  14. Paladin Augur

I look at the rewards for many of the achievements as qust rewards, moreso than an actual achievement award.

My suggestion hs been one of two things to give Ach. Points a purpose...

1) Every 500 Points, increase the maximum Loyalty points meter by 5% (the vendor does sell useful items, even for the well geared)... or...

2) Every 1K points, give an overall innate/overcap "boost" to the toon of 1% (all stats)...
  15. Tegila Augur

i used to care about achievements now i just use them to track what i need to do that is useful. but i might be more inclined to bother with more fun titles and prefix/suffixes like Bosessive soandso the Compulsive

coudl be some fun things for other achievmetns that dont exist yet liek related to housing banking or bagspace..like "the Packrat" or "the Hoarder" if you can fill up an entire house/closet and yard, or something weird.

i like my crazy names :) have alts named after nearly every psychiatric disorder i could think of hehe, titles and suffixes to attach to my main...would be awesome. Then again, I've been looking for reasons to DO stuff for the last 2 years, and sadly rarely finding a reason to my liking. Hopefully taht will change soon, but these are good suggestions, nothing power-related, jsut fun stuff. dont put ALL the fun things in the game in the marketplace, then it stops being a game.