Revised Standard 115 Necro Spellset?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Petalonyx, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

:) yeah it seems a lot easier to burn now. We knew that wound line was going to be annoying from the get go.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Wanted to bump this with the changes on test. The later portion of this for kiting root rotting will no longer be valid. Will probably have use prior grip, shadow, and fallen lines along with top wounds spell to not blow all your mana.
  3. zleski Augur

For solo play prior to the May 19, 2021 patch (which boosts damage on, and removes wounds stacking, reduces most other dots by 15%), in no particular order:

1. Assert for Blood
    2. Pyre of Klraggek
    3. Oblivion
    4. Crystal Crawler Venom
    5. Dracnia's Pallid Haze
    6. Composite Paroxysm
    7. The 115 swarm
    8. Utility (Char Bones, Shield of Destiny or Frozen Skin, depending on situation)
    9. Utility (Pyre of the Wretched for names)
    10. Utility (Combo disease DOT)
    11. Incite Ally
    12. Cascading Dreadshield
    13. Pet heal
    In a raid context, most typically:
    1. Pyre of Klraggek
    2. Oblivion
    3. Crystal Crawler Venom
    4. Dracnia's Pallid Haze
    5. Disease combo DOT
    6. Assert for Blood
    7. Malevolent Coalition
    8. Composite Paroxysm
    9. Frozen Leech (or Tserrina's Grasp, depending on event)
    10. Pyre of the Wretched
    11. Septic Wounds
    12. Broiling Shadow (or Mind Erosion if there are a lot of mana drains)
    13. Shield of Destiny
    In both, I always assert for blood on cooldown to maximize the chaotic power and synergy procs. I cast my most powerful dots first cos long fights suck.
  4. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

Have you had a chance to evaluate your rotations in light of the May 19th patch?
  5. zleski Augur

I've raided a number of times since the patch and haven't changed anything in my spell lineup. On Wednesday, doing Defenders, and from the parse (21.3 min):

Zleski 1.3B 1,037.4Ksdps
    Necromancer

(ninja edit: this looked way better in writing the post since I copied from a Google sheet and in the editor I saw the table view)

I dropped to preserve lockouts to raid Thursday night with a different group (who isn't doing tier 3 yet).

On the Thursday, on Tantor, I changed nothing about my spells and was actually about the same in terms of total damage and dps as Defenders (21.6 min event), oddly enough.

There's a heavy caveat because these are pickup events and there's no way to directly compare events because adps will differ, as will crit %, luck %, twincast % as well as other factors. Yes, I'm doing less damage on an all out burn (~1.8 mil dps and then a ~1.7 mil dps on two somehow failed Zlandicar attempts); I previously would breach 2 million, so if you cut 15% from 2 million you'll land at approximately where I was on those burns.
    qsnoopyjr likes this.