Reviewing Torment of Velious expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, May 19, 2020.

1. Nadisia Augur

6800 is not very low, it's the HP value of T1 ToV Snowbound visibles, and tradable ToV T1 non visibles.
    In fact, most ToV mobs are easier than TBL mobs, even at 110.
    It's on par with Stratos mobs difficulty, with more HP I guess.

But in TBL, as soon as you leave Stratos, it becomes harder, and significantly harder in T2 and T3 zones.

In my humble opinion, and that's what we've done with my husband (returning players in the middle of RoS expansion), skip TBL first, level up in ToV, the progression is pretty easy, clear, and straightforward, and once you're 115, you can go back to TBL.
    It'll be easier obviously, but still challenging for group geared characters + mercs, and even more if you're not full AA.
    When you don't play maxxed characters, TBL is a nasty expansion, really but with 5 more levels + the ToV AAs, it becomes a really enjoyable expansion.
  2. Wiff Elder

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like ToV is the way to go.
  3. Nadisia Augur

@Wiff
    I'll add : even if you're not doing TBL progression yet, don't forget to run the 1st TBL mission, Fight Fire once or twice a day if you can.

The mission is pretty easy (even trivial with a SK and a chanter, as you'll be able to split the firsts packs easily, and mezz lock the aggro linked djinns and armors of the 3rd pack. With these 2 classes, this mission is a joke).

The XP is not bad, the mission is fast, and you'll get TBL currency (Fettered Ifrit Coins), so you'll be able to buy nice 40 slots bags, and TBL type 5 augs which are almost as good as ToV ones (all sold by the vendor in Stratos)
  4. Kolani Augur

Icebound chests are only 7100ish, 6800 is very good.
  5. Endorek Lorekeeper

Honestly a hybrid of ToV and TBL would hit the sweet spot. ToV needs more missions and a broader spectrum of content, TBL needed more a LOT accessibility. The jump in difficulty from T1 ToV to T2 ToV is pretty significant, which is weird, it basically requires you to farm ores to get T3 gear before doing T2 content.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lol I read him wrong I thought he was talking total HP. Like normal :rolleyes:
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I have to admit, I like the lack of named that charm you or mez you in ToV. That was a freaking nightmare in TBL. Like every 4th named did one or the other.
    Endorek and Nadisia like this.
  8. Baradorn Lorekeeper

When some low tier raiding guilds have finished the expansion only 5 months into the expansion and some mid tier raiding guild have hit the top 10, it shows you that the raids were clearly too easy.