Review of TOL expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

This would have helped at least three different small people back when getting stuck in a few places in Skyshrine was a legitimate concern.

But oh god why would anyone want this now.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

I camped that named blob for a long time just to get that grow clickie. Actually kind of dissapointed it is a group grow think. I just wanted it for certain things not the whole gang. Pity they had to beef up that named blob too, would it have killed them to leave one T2 named that super easy lol.
  3. Celephane Augur

Then you proceed to list old things as examples. So this means each new thing needs to be filtered through you first to determine if the rest us will like it? Speak for yourself, you certainly don't speak for all.
  4. MrMan New Member

What are you talking about? I stated some examples of cool things that were in the game from years past. You want me to come up with new interesting items for them lol? I think that's why they work there and we pay them, not me. Where did I say I want to approve these items? You don't want any new interesting items that don't do the same thing as the last item, just 15% more? I don't understand what angered you about my post. I think you need to re-read it.
  5. Celephane Augur

I find the human illusion to be interesting. I like the idea of a grow clicky. But these aren't good enough for you.

The amount of effort to make a new level of epics would serious reduce the amount of content we get, it has been stated. Epics just aren't worth the effort any more.
  6. Knifen Augur

Is this for a diff grow clicky? The new one only drops off warders at a 1% chance

I am only curious cause if there is a different one I want that too.

Just looked it up, they did add it to diff mobs. Nice dont have to camp a diff item now.
  7. DeadRagarr Augur

Agreed.

The tradeskill questlines like Rallos earring is basically an epic quest anyway. Just a much much much easier way to do it.
    Celephane likes this.
  8. The real Sandaormo Augur

What about a little blue pill you could take to grow. Could even be in a chewable form. Have a timer on it, will shrink back down in say, 4 hours?
  9. HekkHekkHekk Augur

What did you find? A sweet pet shrink earring?
    Flatchy likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

And if it doesn't wear off after 4 hours, see a cleric?
    Szilent and The real Sandaormo like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or have a lot of friends.
  12. Burdi Augur

I am not very fond of the last 5 expansions that solely rely on nostalgia feeling.
    We are sold a few recycled old zones, with a handful of quest and very limited progression to do.
    Frankly,I am still on playing on older content and see no reason to go to new content since i don’t have time to raid.
    Currently revisiting SOF and having a lot of fun.
    Sup Rog likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How can you have run out of quests for him to do at level 30?

Which leveling path did you use? I played with with my daughter last year and we were out leveling quests quicker than we could complete them.

We got to level 52 before she no longer had the time to play any games, she will come back to it when she has more time, still has a lot of quests to finish.
  14. Burdi Augur

Hi There,
    Many thank for showing off here.
    If i were in your position i would have chosen a sloth picture.
  15. Lawyer Augur

As a player who played EQ from Classic to PoP back in the day, and who played Ragefire through basically the same expansions, I read this thread to get a feel for what "Live" is like these days.

I'm surprised by how different things sound. Original EQ to me was a lot like the old MUDs with graphics. I guess that is what some on here are calling a Sandbox model. And it is surprising to read about how much the current version is "on rails".

I was thinking of introducing my son to EQ; and was trying to decide on whether to show him a TLP or Live. I had shown him classic WoW, but the level grind at a certain point stopped being interesting to him. This thread has helped me realize that he probably wouldn't like TLP for that reason, and that I'd basically have to buy him & myself heroic characters to get into Live. Kids these days, not wanting to grind for levels. :|
  16. Sup Rog Elder

I like the ToL expansion overall. I LOVE the fact that zones are not locked. OMG that was my pet peeve from some earlier expansions! It was fine if you play one toon, but who plays one toon now? Trying to flag 6+ toons was a nightmare and just ended up going back to older content and not bothering. They should never make zones locked behind progression.

The gear is way to small of an upgrade on the group side. Tier 2 is like a sideways step to Tier 3 from CoV. Granted CoV was a pretty decent increase over ToV items. I don't like mudflation, but it's just an upgrade for the focus effects. For an item that is required level 120, it should be a decent upgrade.

Mobs have a lot of HPs, but with a full 120 group, seems decent and they don't hit overly hard or have annoying spells or procs. I like that there are a lot of humaniod mobs also. Regular exp is ridiculous and you need to do the missions/overseer or it will take you forever. I would like to see it be reasonable, if you kill appropriate level mobs in an expansion. It should be an option to kill mobs for exp and not some futile chore, that is frustrating. This expansion, with it's need to be 120 for most items and AAs etc, makes it even worse.