Review boxed duo for Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quik, May 8, 2021.

1. Quik Augur

So I am after a good boxing duo for farming gear. I was debating between the following if people could give me an idea of which might be better overall and easier to box. If there is a better combo I am open to suggestions although I have no desire to play a Bard or Chanter much unless one will literally be able to just sit there as I am not sure how well I play either of those classes.

I am thinking:

Druid/Pally
    Druid/Beastlord
    Druid/Mage
    Shaman/SK
    Shaman/Necro

I might want to try a Chanter/Druid if I could get the chanter down better.
  2. Master Kahleem Augur

Strange you don't have Necro/Druid, Monk/Druid, or Enchanter/Druid. Those are the 3 best combinations possible in Classic.
  3. Thewiz Augur

Bard/Bard if you really want to have fun.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  4. Seraphix Elder

I think SHM/SK is easily the best combo you posted for actual combat. You have tank + slow + heals and passive mana gain with Canni. But it would be a big pain in the to travel without ports. I don't think anything comes close to DRU/ENC as a Classic box as you have practically every important role and utility covered.
  5. Quik Augur

Ok so I know VERY little about enchanters honestly.

I played a druid years ago and they are simple so no biggie, but how complex is ench/druid combo? Will I focus on playing the druid and just use ench for some buffs, or will I mainly play ench for pet/cc and use the druid for heals?
  6. SoandsoForumUser Augur

You can kind of main either character, when set up right the druid is probably busier though. In addition to being able to charm himself you probably want to root/snare things you're fighting and keep regens/ds up on pets. If charm breaks root means you have one less mob to deal with. The enchanter can basically two button it most days, a recharm/assist macro and maybe a mez macro.
  7. Yogi the Bear I have flea's

Sha / monk better then dru / monk and dru / necro better then sha / necro
  8. WokeCat Augur

I’m trying to imagine fear kiting with one character with can I dancing the other lol
  9. Ultrazen Augur

I love druid/monk. Slow, schmo. Ports, snares, damage shield, and a debuff that actually lands on things later on :p Druid attack debuff is highly under rated and almost never used, and it's really good. It also lands on almost everything in the game. Harmony pull with the druid outside, FD pull with the monk inside. Having snare is huge for dungeons.

Druid Chanter is amazing, but not for the feint of heart. You have to be really on your toes, know how to set up macros well. You play the chanter 95% of the time in that duo, everything the druid does is macro'd. It's also pretty taxing to play over a long period of time, because you always have to be paying attention.

Sha/SK. Bulletproof. Not as fast as other duos, but not by much. Really solid duo, lack of ports is really the only thing wrong with this 2 box.

Mage/Druid. Awesome 2 box, can harmony pull with the druid outdoors. Lacking mana regen is the only real downer with this duo, and they both need it.

For me, those are the best 2 boxes. You can throw cleric/chanter in there, but I'd take druid over cleric every day of the week in a 2 box.
  10. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

I am not sure what you mean, cann is far from passive, and especially at lower levels it is extremely active.
  11. Kwatz New Member

Anyone got any opinions on Ranger/Shaman? If slow/melee becomes tricky due to paperthin ranger armour then root/rot/bow might work.

I'm thinking track might come in handy for mischief.
  12. Mithra Augur

All melee/shaman are good.
  13. TheTone Elder

Literally anything can tank mobs that are shaman slowed. I had a Necro/Shaman duo on Aradune and my necro paper bag puppet of a pet could tank Lvl 55 GE mobs when they were slowed - without any real threat of dying.

Ranger/Shaman will work just fine...so long as you can mentally make due without those delicious druid ports.
  14. Elite_raider Augur

Rangers can be quite good tanks, they will become more gear dependent in later expansions like most tanks, but for the first 3 to 4 expansions they are on par with most in group content. With slow, you can go for a long time with a ranger tank :)
  15. Sycopata Elder

In group content wen shaman land a slow and is not resisted the mob is half dead, not worh so much slow normal mobs, also from the prespective of a cleric, yes ranger can tank, but literal kill your mana, you want to land your CH alwais to a plate tank with hi HP pool or a charm pet.
  16. Kwatz New Member

Every single TLP I have been on I have started with a druid, either solo (Agnarr) or as part of a box crew (SK/DRU/ENC on Rizlona), (bar Miragul but that dosen't count as a TLP...) and yes, no ports is going to be crippling.
  17. Nicorus Elder

Ranger defensive skill caps are much higher than they were in original Eq. They first expansion ranger will struggle to group content tank in is probably elemental planes in pop and anything on GoD, then by oow you will be fine tanking again assuming you are raid geared and itemized to tank. For the most part ranger tanking is going to be worse then the 3 real tanks but better than any other class, monks might mitigate slightly more but don’t have the Agro and taunt of ranger
  18. Kwatz New Member

Good, once loot becomes based on hp values, is when i usually lose interest. Which is about when you are saying rangers become crap tanks.

Interesting about the elevated defensive caps, I didn't know that, its quite reassuring.
  19. Seraphix Elder

Yeah, that was the wrong wording. I should have said "personal" mana gain. It's definitely not passive--in fact I found it so annoying I may never roll one again lol.
    HighElfPlayer likes this.
  20. Quik Augur

Thanx for all the input everyone. I am going to make a halffer druid and a monk.

Any race for monk better for any special reason? I was thinking Ikky but with a Druid partner I won't need the built in regen I don't think, but I'm not sure human druids bring anything special over the Iksar?