Revert Innate Melee Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Madroc, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Hyperbole much?
  2. malaki Augur

No, I don't think it's hyperbole at all. In that level range there have been plenty of fights where that exact thing was happening. And in most of the other fights where it's not double, have a bunch of melee classes only doing 50 percent or so more than the casters doesn't make it fine.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

If warriors are actually parsing near wizards IN GENERAL then thats really broken.

At least on agnarr its not that bad. The real issue is its just really easy and low risk for melee to beat casters. Im not sure if mages really can compete either. But a wizard chain casts and sometimes can pull aggro. A ranger can go full throttle and afk... and if the tank dies theyre probably below shamans on the hate list, lol.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

Casters/hybrids vs. pure melee seem a bit closer now on parses, but general ordering of classes hasn't changed. Other than that haven't noticed any significant differences with our raids since patch. Fight times are almost the same. The sky didn't fall.
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

I'd wager many if not most of the people who are currently on the TLPs have not played/raided beyond PoP. They are, however, the most vocal bunch with their "expertise" about classes, tactics and knowing what should be changed for the betterment of the game...
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, it's not. Never apologize for the truth. We're trash from PoP onwards with rare exception.
  7. That0neguy Augur

So you are as upset about these changes as the melee then since it's a buff for melee past 85?
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I don't care about live because I'm retired there. But if I did still play there, it would be dependent on what the current DPS situation looked like. If melee were underpowered, then it would be fine. If they were overpowered (like when I retired) I would be upset at it.
  9. malaki Augur

If melee suck after 85 compared to casters then no, there are too many variables to be perfectly balanced every expansion, but being at least in the right ballpark is good.
  10. Krezzy Augur

Melee should not have been dealing out as much damage, certainly. That being said, the surest way to make someone hate you is to take something away from them. DBG should strongly consider addressing balance issues only if they are bordering on exploits. New players are relatively rare, and existing players will get driven away by this activity.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

If they would just communicate better that would make the community soooo much less toxic and hateful towards them.

Yet, theyve always maintained this oldschool closed doors approach. Its like theyre stuck in the 60s man.
  12. a_librarian Augur

I just don't think they (DBG management) have a vision for this project at this point beyond invest as little as possible to delay the eventual closure of the game. It would take a long term investment in personnel to start communicating effectively without it blowing up in their faces and making the situation worse, and the risk of that happening is there no matter what.

So the low risk option is to keep doing what they do now with the team they have, make no new investments and coast until its no longer financially viable. Major changes will hit out of the blue based on whatever mystery priority the devs have and players will stick around or not until the lights turn off I guess

All of this is just my opinion and speculation. To be fair, I think the devs have done a lot of great stuff with the progression servers with very limited resources.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

I agree that the TLPs have come a LONG way. Let's look at a returning EQ player (many of us) starting on Agnarr.

When we look at those first TLP's, they are laughable! Unplayable! Mage armies, Deathtouch races, rampant macaroon quest, etc etc. The only unfortunate thing is that it has taken over 8 years. So, the hope for "most" current players that the current situation will get drastically better.... is slim.

I suppose many of us can hope that after we burnout again, we come back in 5 years and play a better TLP...
  14. Machentoo Augur

You can always hope of course, but it seems pretty unlikely to me that there will even be an Everquest to return to in five years. Much less improved TLP's.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, I imagine it would still be around. At this point, it's a cash cow with a cult following. Before EQ collapses, I could see a GoFundMe campaign to turn EQ into some sort of community-owned project.
  16. i am me New Member

I dont get it. Why are melees whinning and criying everyplace and saying things like quit playing only because they finally started to balance the game??

Since lvls 1 melees are outdpsing casters on 99% of raid figths. Being afk on auto atk only.
    They has sustain dps while casters do 0 dps resting.

Even with this nerf meles do more dps than wizards( since poor magicians and necros are even on worse shape) on burn figths where wizards should win always since after that the wizy must go afk resting for 7 minutes while melles carry the raid doing 50-70% of their dps on trashes.

Whats the problem with meles?? Want to win every burn figths. Dont bother about rests. And kill trashes while casters do nothing resting? There is a thing called balance and since casters has 0 sustain dps they should win on the other part( burns).

There is a good reason why there are so few casters and soooo many melees on the server.

And i dont play on lives. But reading the posts there people say that bersekers were doubling second best dps some months ago. And keep reading about monks winning every figth. So casters dont seems to be as broken on live neither.
  17. That0neguy Augur

OMG this was painful to try and read.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well he had a point. Rangers burst was beating wizards on many pot fights plus the whole 0 aggro and sustained dps on trash.
  19. axedat New Member

Wait...since when has endurance and discs not been key for burns? The med time for wizards keeps getting better. Melee dps is tied to 10, 15, 30, 60 minute timers... let's not pretend melee are suddenly supposed to lose every burn fight because wizards have to med.
  20. Coppercoz Augur

Except archery is ranged attack and has nothing to do with the innate melee changes being discussed.