Revert Innate Melee Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Madroc, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Hadesborne Augur

The FACT is that ALL melee, some more than others, were out of balance in terms of DPS vs other DPS classes and vs encounters. This trivialized a TON of content. Also, it created a very unhealthy situation where people stopped playing caster DPS classes and created a melee DPS toon in order to feel relevant. This further trivialized encounters. At some point the Devs felt they finally, after a long time mind you, a REALLY long time, needed to step in and start balancing DPS classes again. You can keep complaining all you want. Welcome to the club. People have been complaining about how insane the melee DPS was compared to other DPS classes for a while now. After YEARS of watching this happen, I can finally say, "Thank you DEVS! It is about friggin time!"
    ayoforYayoh likes this.
  2. Jammin New Member

i welcome these changes. the devs should nuke all the high fantasy elements (including all magic and spellcasting) next and turn eq into a low fantasy world for the next 20 years.

everyone can run about in rags and stab rats (or dragons) with rusty player crafted knives. then after that you can die from cholera just like in real life.
  3. malaki Augur

Probably because casters shouldn't be trash from 65 to 80.
  4. snailish Augur

You're asking for the Commons Plague to be made more virulent?

Nasty.

I remember when another game made the mistake of a dungeon disease being spreadable to outside zones, outside zones with much lower powered characters...
  5. Machentoo Augur

Under certain circumstances this can happen in Everquest.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Kragin Augur

You calling me out bro? I could wrek you before the nerf, now it's just a joke
  7. Rhodz Augur

Ah man this is getting amusing
  8. Herf Augur

Well, my 65 warrior with good weapons has noticed a drop in his already pitiful DPS. Sort of reminds me of fighting Seru without bane weaps: just Taunt and Incite. But he's a warrior so I can live with that.

But I went to Crypt of Nadox with a 55 MNK and 58 SHM. It takes forever to kill dark blues. MNK DPS is very much down; the SHM *must* use DoTs in this case to make duo-XP'ing even remotely practical. For MNKs this is bad.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

he lost 14% dps.

If the monk is usually doing all the work then you went from a 1 minute kill to a... 1 minute and 9 second kill.
    Kutsuu likes this.
  10. Herf Augur

I realize that you presumably have reasons based on personal parses or others parses to make that assertion, but the loss seems more. Unless mobs dark blue mobs in Crypt of Nadox have significantly more HP than anywhere else a 55 monk would adventure.

Don't get me wrong; it's not a complete emasculation, but it's a very noticeable change for the worse. My Peacebringer used to do triple digit damage often. Now, less so.
  11. Febb Augur

Can you provide some before and after patch parses?
  12. Herf Augur

Sorry, no, I cannot.
  13. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

So for a level 60 monk without epic, are fists BIS?
  14. Machentoo Augur

No.
  15. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

what weapons do u recommend? droppable ones? thx in advance
  16. Machentoo Augur

Stave of Shielding for droppable.
  17. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

SOS offhand? adamantite MH?
  18. Machentoo Augur

If you are talking just droppable weapons, no epic, SOS main hand and bare fist offhand.
  19. Baldur Augur

Without epic, bare fist is 23/38 at 60. Best droppable combo with no epic in Kunark is Adamantite Club MH / Stave of Shielding offhand.

SoS offhand is barely better than bare fists with no epic, and you get the proc.

Adamantite Club is better than SoS MH because of the lower delay with the same damage bonus and the proc.
  20. Machentoo Augur

You don't get damage bonus on offhand. So you just want the best ratio. With Adamantite Club at .60 and bare fists at .605, fists beats club.