Revert Innate Melee Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Madroc, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Madroc Journeyman

That's just more of the issue. Agnarr gets things that it shouldn't have but some are ok some are not? This nerf did not balance classes. Wizards etc could easily top parses without should they not have the agro problems which those top dps like monks dont have to worry about. Now with nerfs the entire raid suffers , casters likely will be more able to top a parse but at even at a greater risk of pulling agro. Dont think myself or anyone for that matter is in disagreement that the innate shouldn't exist in first place but there is zero consistency. Motm shouldn't exist either.

The changes to the higher end of innate should remain but revert the lesser tiers back to what it was or completely remove motm. The change did nothing but rollback countless characters output across multiple tlp servers. There are players that have serious time investment towards this game that have now lost a great deal when again, why now.
  2. uk6999 Augur

I'm not interested in playing this game anymore with the stealth nerfs, constant and excessive downtime due to botched and possibly untested patch roll outs. Not asking for community feedback that impacts the game just doing whatever fits their plan regardless of what the playerbase may or may not think. In the end it really wasnt just about the melee nerf it was a domino effect with all penalties and no rewards.

I just cancelled my account and they dont even ask why you are canceling anymore. Either they already know or no longer care to read feedback.
    Brontus likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

From what I see in my time on Agnarr is that the overarching theme is "future TLP." Essentially, Agnarr and whatever current TLP is simply a testing ground for the next one.

I mean just look at right now, a patch went live and the server is coming back down. Wrong loot tables and who knows what else. The "test patches" that last a week are obviously subpar at best. We're all playing on test servers for some future TLP. Maybe it will be ready for Pantheon release...
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

They will read your feedback in the order it was received.

Current estimated wait: 3 Years, 2 Months, 17 days.
  5. Ruination Elder

Warriors, Monks and Rogues are broken. Rangers are fine.

No interest in re-rolling
  6. Numzan Augur

Some how the devs feel they are saving a dead game? Sorry guys, but this is what many of us have been through on live for yrs. Now TLP will take a huge blow from it. Nobody new starts on live servers and if they do its maybe 1 or 2.

Returning players will look, see it and walk away.

Trying to make EQ more streamlined to Pantheons new game play, good luck i know where i am heading.....
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Do you really believe a returning player will notice 10-15% less dps compared to a year ago? Or will a returning player think they have about double the dps they had back in 2000?
    Chatoyan and snailish like this.
  8. discordkitty Augur

LOL that will never happen, it's like they fired the one guy and now no one can figure out how to get it to work again.
  9. Gromph Elder

You must have some really bad wizards and necros with a minor melee change having that much impact in your thoughts.
    Bankheadd likes this.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Really makes me glad I bowed out a while ago. Seems like they just keep making things worse. Ahh well; I carried my sub for.. years that I didn't play so it is finally a good time to put it to bed. shame they don't offer refunds or all ya'll wouldn't have to listen to me for another 45ish days ;) (I killed my sub RIGHT after it renewed for another 3mo ;( )
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Lol at warriors being broken. This minor DPS reduction to warriors made it so warriors can no longer fulfill their main role as a tank on raids because reasons?

Monks and Rogues and Berserkers are still going to be topping parses over Wizards and Mages and Necros from GoD -> SoD. Even with this change... it wouldn’t be until they removed the AA entirely that you would see the top DPS slot alternating by expansion based on AAs or new spells available. But until they do that, pure Melee will continue wrecking.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yes it was introduced during Luclin, and tuned likely for Luclin. Which means it would be tuned for a TLP raid where people have higher skullcaps, better mitigation, better Stamina/Wisdom/Intelligence returns, and instanced all Raids so they max gear much quicker.

It may actually pose some amount of risk to guilds attempting it. Whereas current Vulak you just AFK for 30 minutes and hope it dies.
  13. MaxTheLion Augur

No, but a returning/new player is more likely to visit the forums to ask questions and judge the overall atmosphere of the community. When the community is unhappy, they will gladly vocalize how they feel they have been wronged. Personal experience and word of mouth about a company or product can have a large impact. Everquest once held a good spot in my heart but as it stands, I don't and will never recommend it to anybody.
  14. fortuneteller Augur

It really dont matter, if you melee, you say casters too powerful, and other way around. And people fast to cast blame on other classes than their own.

zerkers vs rogues, wizards vs magicians
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

Look, man, I'm a paladin, and everybody can damn well agree that we're not OP in any way. Just give me a break and give paladins their damage bonus back. It's not gonna matter on the parse, but it sure as hell matters if I want to fight something with less than a full group.
  16. fortuneteller Augur

You may, or may not be underpowered, I do not really care I however do care that if they do nerf, then there should not be any exception from the rule.

You could see the result when there were exceptions from the rule, chanter/druid/shamans at EoK, where they got the extra bonus on the dots.

The result of the thing then was, around 1 year + of other classes complaining they too powerful, then there came the deserved nerf, and now we had druid/shamans complaining about nerf, and now its chanters doing the same
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its the law of the land.
  18. RandomStrategy Augur

I hate all DPS classes. You all caused this. :p
  19. The Hated One Augur

Ok so I have already said in other threads I'm not happy with this nerf. If this is to stay then I would like to see Taunt, enrage and anger tuned a bit to make up for the loss of DPS agro. Already noticing that im working harder and harder to keep mobs off the raid...and I am using 2 of the top 3 agro weapons with the best augs for agro in them.
  20. taliefer Augur

im playing a paladin on Coirnav as well. i still dont think this nerf is a big deal. i get people dont like nerfs, but all melee STILL have an innate 24% damage mod at 60. which is still insane