Returning Wizard DPS Rotation

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kixius, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Kixius New Member

Hello,

I have recently returned after about 7 years off. I'm a 105 wiz but I'm struggling with remembering/finding the best group setting rotation. I'll list below what I'm currently doing, can someone confirm if this is correct? And if not, can you give recommendations on how to fix?

Shocking Vortex -> Claw of the Flamewing -> Ethereal Skyblaze -> Claw of the Oceanlord -> Ethereal Rimeblast

I'll typically weave the the Force AA's as well in between.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Sancus Augur

You don't want two different Claws in the rotation, they share a timer and Claw of the Flameweaver is better (Flamewing is the 98 version). You also are going to want to use Cloudburst too in a sustained lineup, and Ethereal Fuse as well. I've seen something like this suggested and I think it makes sense:

Claw of the Flameweaver -> Shocking Vortex -> Ethereal Fuse -> Cloudburst Stormstrike -> Ethereal Skyblaze

You can play around with the order a bit if you want. Dichotomic Fire is a bit mana intensive, but it's good sustained DPS, if you want you can use it with GoM procs. I also use Shocking Vortex manually, but I think that's more important for raiding than grouping. Use it intelligently though; don't cast it if the mob is about to die.

You're also going to want a weave for the duration of Improved Twincast. I'd suggest something like:

Shocking Vortex -> Ethereal Fuse -> Ethereal Skyblaze -> Ethereal Rimeblast

Again, make sure you're using Vortex intelligently.
  3. Kixius New Member

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for your response!
  4. mmats Augur

I do Vortex>Fuse>Skyblaze>Flameweaver>Rimeblast for sustained and burns. Using Dicho on GoM proc. This is mana intensive, but manageable with the right group.

For a less intensive sustained weave, you can go with Vortex>Flameweaver>Cloudburst>Skyblaze
  5. High Voltage Augur

Sancus likes this.