Returning Vet - Need Advice

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forsworn013, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Forsworn013 New Member

Hey EQ folks: So after years and years of playing other games and always flirting with the idea of returning to EQ, I would like to get back into the EQ Community.

Looking for any advice for returning players as far as servers / guilds go. Going to be pretty casual but I would love to actually be able to play and be social with others. It looks like FV has a high capacity, but are other servers a possibility as well? I don't mind the idea of gear access with FV too.

What do you guys think? Any specific Server / class suggestions for returning?
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Heroic Chars are a good way to jump back into the game. If you weren't around when they were introduced, they are a new char you create that starts at lvl 85 with gear and some bags. You can pick any class really, it all depends on what you're looking for. AA's are auto-granted up to like lvl 90-95 or so I think. As long as you have an All Access subscription you don't need to worry about AA's until after then.

Povar and Xegony both host open raids for max lvl Chars, there are probably other servers as well but those 2 I know for sure do it. There's also family guilds on most servers that you can get into to help level up along the way.

TLP (Time Locked Servers) are also popular, they are new servers that start in classic and unlock the expansions over time. This is a great way to relive the classic days, or start from scratch with out the giant hill to climb on live. There's several different ones at the moment with slightly different rules and expansions unlocked.
  3. keenwen New Member

AA's auto-granted is level 100 not 90-95