Returning -- Trying to Raid (Please Help!)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by The Riddler, Jun 21, 2017.

1. The Riddler New Member

Hello,

Thus far I've seen a huge success on the Xegony server, I find that the server is very populated and such. I used to raid as a Bard and a Cleric, and I kinda want to stay away from those two classes but I'm trying to figure out a class that I can raid with later on. I believe that my decision is between a Beastlord and an Enchanter but I have no clue. Would the Enchanter be a better route to take? Or should I go with a different class entirely? I play with all different types of characters, it's just those two were the ones I raided with the most.
  2. Nightmares Augur

I would ask yourself which you'd have fun more with and how competitive are you? Most dps classes are very competitive and refer to parses to try and figure out how to maximize dmg better. I would also figure out what the guilds you are in or are considering joining need or have open in way of classes. a lot of raid guilds will close class recruitment when saturated.
    You might actually like Bards these days, depending when you left. Bard's have a new command, /melody, that allows you to auto twist songs. depending on your beneficial spell/song extension, you can twist 4-12 songs at once these days automatically without having to do it manually. leaving you with more finger time to hit hot buttons for AA, disc, skills, clickies, and such.
    The Command for 4 songs is /melody 1 2 3 4 or /melody # # # #, for 6 songs it's /melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 or /melody # # # # # #.
    I am giving you the second one, with the number signs because the numbers correlate to your song gems, and you can place them in any order. So you could do 2 3 4 5 6 7, or 6 5 4 3 2. or 4 6 9 1 5 2 even( spaces between each number, in the case for 10-12 it'd be 7 8 9 10 11 12).
    The Command auto casts your songs and auto stops them once they are cast and proceeds to the next song in your lineup, and repeats until you either die, stop it yourself, get stunned long enough to cancel it, or under certain circumstances don't have a target, enough mana, or enough endurance to play a song that requires one or more of those. Just something to think about.

Now to your actual question. Chanter or bst. I might pick chanter, not as many of them around and most raids want 2-3 of them for buffing, some CC, and their ability to increase grp dps with certain AA abilities. most raids have plenty of dps and some raids you don't want to use pets. So with those facts / restrictions, I personally think Chanter is your best bet among the 2.