Returning trio advice

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by MTHDDS, Dec 7, 2018.

1. MTHDDS New Member

Hello all!

I have been messing around on p2002 for sometime now and decided I want to return to live and play through the content (albeit mostly group wise) that I haven't had the chance to do before. I was going planning on 3boxing so I had my own group to work up, and also was planning to use the heroic characters I have the station cash for on the accounts.

My plan was to make a sk-dru-wiz team (was considering a bard instead of the wiz but I thought a dedicated dps would be more beneficial), how might that do working through the group content starting at level 85 and working on my epics? The 2 classes I have no desire to play again are a shaman & enc.

I also wasn't sure what server I should go for. From what I have read I see bb and fv are the big 2 people generally recommend, and I was leaning towards FV.

Any advice will certainly be helpful :)
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

If you want to truly play through content as it was designed, play on one of the TLP servers. Certainly on Phinny (mercs arrive in Jan with seeds) and Coirnav (currently on Luclin), the xpacs release every 8 to 12 weeks, which is more than enough time to enjoy the group content. Of course these are true box servers, so you'd need a laptop or something for your additional boxes, but it's perfectly doable, as EQ does not need a machine with big cpu/memory.

It will save you having to 'heroic boost' your characters too.
  3. MTHDDS New Member

I am not interested in playing on the progression servers at this time, but thank you for the response.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Sk dru wiz is pretty good and will be just fine for 85+ content and will be able to get the epics.
  5. Outlander Engine Elder

SHD, DRU, WIZ is good and will do everything you want.

Wizards and druids both have teleports. You might consider swapping the wizard for a Magician. You'll get the same dps, but trade the teleports for CotH, Malo and pet toys. The low level damage shields won't stack, but the big, short term damage shields do.
    Sagarmatha likes this.
  6. bigpapa Augur

mage is great to box , but with a Wiz , you could proc some alliance if you are adding 2 caster mercs.
    ( I never did the wiz + 2 caster mercs, but I guess they could help to proc the alliance ( lv 101 wiz spell ).who would proc a 2million + dd., with 1min refresh .

I would go with mage as well, but it is your choice.
  7. Voxvixen Journeyman

Sub the wiz out for mage. The mage pet will help you take on content you might otherwise struggle with while gearing up the sk. Plus mages are easy box, back up tank, group coth, and fire nukes that benefit from druid debuffs.
  8. Sagarmatha Augur

Mage. The backup tank is priceless when the situation gets hairy. Honestly, it will probably tank better than the Shadowknight for most of the run.