Returning to the beast...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Maahes, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Maahes New Member

Hey all, after almost 10 years away I am returning to the game, playing originally from 1999-2011 (Sure feels weird being a newbie again as I was once veteran haha!)
    I’m returning to my most recent character on the Euro Antonious Bayle server, level 90 BST. The game is vastly different now and currently just playing around with the UI and getting my bearings but do not know where to start with getting my character off the ground again.
    I probably will also make an alt from scratch, but in terms of the main character coming back if anyone could share some information, feedback, guidance or a good link for me to research that would be amazing.
    I’m not sure where to go hunting if I plan to solo/molo before I get back into the grouping world, need to get up to date with spells and the right gear and basically just need to be pointed in the right direction.
    I’m sure you guys hear this a lot, but I would appreciate any help!

Thank you!
  2. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I'd take it slow. At 90 you could go hunt light blues in Secrets of Faydwer zones to get a feel for the game again.

Looks up heroic beastlord guides. Those are designed for level 85 characters so it will still apply to you, but you'd use level 85 to 90 spells when applicable instead of the 80 to 85 version.

Also, run a new character through the tutorial and read all the guidance text. That can be very helpful as well.
  3. Tucoh Augur

4. Cydonia Elder

There’s an NPC in pok (tutorials NPC) near the tranquility stone who will give you a very quick run around quest based in pok and guild lobby that will give you access to a guild called novices of Antonius Bayle, that’s not player run, and gives you access to the guild hall for guild ports and such that is very handy for getting around until you get your feet under you and find an actual player created guild.
  5. Highholdkosgg New Member

As a BST make sure you have a pet summoned before fighting and you should be fine. Haha just kidding. Get some of that sweet sweet STA gear, mobs hit hard! I recommend getting journeyman upgraded mercs, there’s a couple quests. Journeyman boots would fit well on a BST. Cheers