Returning to EQ

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Chawcolatte, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Chawcolatte New Member

I played from launch until GoD, raided, pvped, played an iksar Sk and a erudite Wiz.

Me and my brothers and cousins were talking about how awesome EQ was back in the day, and how games these days are full of shithead kids, and how EQ was actually difficult and fun, so we all decided to start playing again.

How does the free to play work now? are there restrictions or anything?
    I know there are 18 expantions now, are they bundled?

Also would there be a way to get an old account back, I cant remember the info or the email I used when I played then, I would love my old toons back, but starting over is ok if not.
  2. Redex Journeyman

This should answer most if not all of your questions on F2P http://everquest.station.sony.com/free

Contact customer service and they maybe be able to retrieve your old accounts, though levelling now is very quick compared to the old days, you may want to just start over with new a character/class/race.
  3. Draconic Journeyman

Hello Chawcolatte and welcome back to EQ! If you remember the card you payed with, any of the CD keys used on the account, or your name/address on your account SOE customer service can try to help you recover it.

If your thinking of coming back and don't want to miss all of the content from GoD+ You should consider joining us over on Trakanon. Progression X is a Progression Raiding guild that focuses on taking out each expansion at the level/armor it was meant to be taken out at. We are currently in PoP about to get into elemental plains and are always looking for new recruits. We would love for you and any of your family to join us! Check us out on our site, give me a PM here or /tell Draconic, Burp, Raynard or Nemo in game for more information!
  4. Borek-VS Augur

The most notable restrictions on f2p are on number of AAs and ranks of mercenaries, plus inability to use recent raid gear or almost all augments - see the earlier link for details.

You get access to all but the most recent expansion, although you can buy that while still f2p if you like.
  5. Chawcolatte New Member

Thanks everyone for the replies, I talked to CS today, I am probably going to start fresh so I can see all the changes that have been made. Allthough my SK did have his epic sword, which was the most fun I ever had in a game getting it
    Do they still have the epic quests?
    This work day needs to end so I can get home allready
  6. Borek-VS Augur

There are epics 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 (still). in most cases the 1.0 is only worth getting for the sense of achievement, but the 1.5/2.0 in most cases are still worth using for a wide range of levels.