Returning to EQ for Progression 3.0

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baulkin, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Baulkin Augur

I am returning to EQ for the first time sense Omens of War. Other than playing on (Unmentionable Server) do you have any suggestions for getting reacquainted with the "Old" game? I've read several threads concerning Crescent Reach / Tutorial zones. Looking at the gear in them (which has insane stats), does anyone do any of the old world content anymore?

My first thought was to roll a Mage (Insert Solo Class here), go to one of the original starting areas, and level up in the old world zones / using old world gear. Is this a good plan? Any suggestions?

Side Note: I do not multi-box and in general dislike the practice. Should I roll my "relearning" character on TLP to avoid the FTP multibox swarm?
  2. Kahna Augur

There will be no one on the old world zones on any server, because no one does the old world content anymore. They are all mostly past 50 in one or two days. So roll on any server you want to practice soloing stuff on.

BTW This won't really be the old game. It will be the new game, limited to certain zones. You should get acquainted with the new, revamped, old world zones, because they are staying revamped.
  3. Baulkin Augur

The above is extremely helpful.

Is there a list of revamped zones somewhere? I can try to focus on those. Once i'm comfortable with the changes i'll just make alts or something to bide my time until 3.0 comes out.
  4. Kahna Augur

There is an FAQ thread in the News and announcement's section. Here is an excerpt from that.

Q: Which versions of zones will be on the server?
    Like the previous two Progression Servers, zones that were graphically revamped (Freeport, Commonlands, Nektulos, Lavastorm, Ro) will be in their revamped form. Our Progression servers have to co-exist with live servers, so we need to have the same geometry running on all of them. In cases where the geometry was the same but population changed, we will use the original populations where possible:
    • Splitpaw - Will begin in its first revamped form (with the Ishva Mal).
    • Cazic-Thule - Will begin in the form after Rubicite was removed.
    • The Hole - Will begin in its first form (with Master Yael).
    • Plane of Hate - Will be in the current layout, but with population much like the original zone after the first loot revamp.
    • Plane of Fear - Will have population the same as the first loot revamp.
    • Droga/Nurga - Original population.
    • Firiona Vie - Original population.
    • Veeshan's Peak - Original population, but no death restrictions.
    • Plane of Mischief - Original population. The "easy" entrance will not be active until it changes to the current version.
    • Grimling Forest - Original population.
    Zones that are set up in this manner will transition to their current datasets in roughly the same timeframe as they originally changed.
  5. Ducreux Augur

Revamped zones:
    • All of Freeport
    • Ro/Oasis
    • Commonlands
    • Misty Thicket
    • Highpass
    • Lavastorm
    • Nektulos Forest