Returning Ranger - Questions

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Pentegal, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Pentegal New Member

Good evening!

I've recently returned to EQ after a lengthy break. I used to raid up until Prophecy of Ro and maybe dropped in once or twice since then, so feel a little overwhelmed with the amount to learn again.

Got myself up to level 100 with a lot of soloing and some help along the way, but have a few questions I'm hoping somebody can help me with seeing as we can't play anyway with the servers being down.

Headshot - No matter where I look I can't find a proper guide of where to go and when, does anybody have suggestions for lvl 100 upwards?

Bow or Melee - At 100 it seemed I got a lot of melee orientated AA and discs so wonder whether Rangers are no primarily melee or ranged? Base this off bazaar bought gear.

Quivers - Does quiver haste matter at all anymore? If so, which quiver is deemed the best these days?

Spells - One thing I'm struggling with is deciding which spells to memorise. Do I go archery, cold, fire or dots, or a combination? Again, currently using Bazaar bought gear.

Thanks.
  2. Szilent Augur

3. Gwarian New Member

Headshot - You HS Disc currently tops out at lvl 100 (Pure Shot). You want to raise your Hero Dex to proc more headshots during battle. Works on Humanoid Mobs only (which is can be broad in some areas and limited in others)

Bow - Yes we can Melee, but for DPS purposes Bow is your go-to weapon.

Quivers - You will want a Prescient Fleeting Quiver

Spells - If you have the extra Spell Slot, and depends on play style. Bluster Bolt (or a version of) is a must. Highest Version of Called Shots, Focused Blizzard of Arrows, I typically Have x3 fire based spells (Boon/Ash/Etc) your x2 DoTs, Desperate Healing. Use your hot keys to load your AA's (Snare/Root/etc)