Returning playing question about shaman gear

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Devout Atheist, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Devout Atheist New Member

Hey I'm coming back to EQ after about 15-16 year break to play with a friend on the Phinigel server. My buddy gave me a bit of coin to get started but I have no idea what kind of gear I should buy in order to "twink" my shaman. So what kind of gear would you guys suggest I pick up keeping in mind the server has only unlocked Kunark so far. Thanks in advice for any help..
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

Fungi if you can.

An EB item.

Doubt much else matters at that point, stuff with hp.
  3. Platrat Journeyman

Kunark area was Jaundiced Bone and Epic 1.0 I believe for shaman.

Anything with regen for your canni dance, and fill the rest with AC items with WIS/MANA/HP..
  4. Misaligned Augur

Here's a list of things I was going for though I am no Shaman expert. Prices are from recent memory. I recommend checking http://ragefireprices.info/ and setting the server to Phinigel.

Fungi Tunic if you can afford it - 2 krono or about 16000p or Mithril-Runed Tunic for about 2000p
    Fungi Staff if he gave you a ton of coin - 2.5 - 3 krono or about 23000p
    Jaundiced Bone Gloves/Arms/Boots/Helm - about 400 - 500p each
    Platinum Jasper Rings - 200p each
    Forest Loops for ears - 800p each or Jasper Earrings for cheaper (few hundred plat)
    Chrysoberyl Talisman neck - 600p
    Serpentine Bracer - 50p
    Chipped Bone Bracelet - 1000p
    Charred Guardian Shield - 1200p
    Slime Coated Harpoon - 500p
    Golden Idol of <Your Deity> - 900p
    Platinum Ruby Veil face - 300p
    Mammoth Hide Cloak - 800p
    Lizardscale Mantle - 250p

Some of this depends on your race. Iksar won't be able to use the Jaundiced Bone stuff or the Serpentine Bracer. They can use the Reed Belt instead of Serp Bracer but it's hard to find and probably at least 1000p.