Returning players thoughts from level 1

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shizen, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Geroblue Augur

I had a tank merc. A cunnung puma aggroed and killed my tank merc and so I got a healer merc. Put it on balanced and both the merc and my toon survived an attack of a DB pums and a yellow cunning puma. When the second cunning puma joined both my toon and merc were low on mana. So I gated out. Note I don't have J-1 mercs.

I did find a quiet spot last week with a different toon. I'll check that spot when I can next get on.
  2. Geroblue Augur

Went there with my Shaman 58 Barbarian, ghost dog pet, and a healer merc. Still not to 59th level yet. Even a DB gives only 1 or 2% per mob. LB gives 1%. But I got up to about 96%, when I reach 59 level i can change out the armor.

I did find a quiet spot, bear cubs walk almost over to where I am. did get one cunning puma, yellow, that got close and agroed.

Slowly moving up to the next level.

edit:

The 1% is with my AA set to 10%.
  3. Dahaman Augur

Do you utilize the Alchemy tradeskill with your shaman?

My level 43 shaman is sporting a self made 30-pt damage shield, better than even a magician's damage shield at that level. Combine that with the new DOTs and I was face tanking bixies in Stonehive with impunity. I pursued that strategy when it opened at level 25 and had great fun with it.

I wonder how well that would work to solo (not molo) those pumas, snakes, and bear cubs in the Roost.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Its been years since I tradeskilled on any toon. My gaming time has drastically been cut. Which recipe should I look at for that one ? Likely I'll have to skill up first before getting close to it without lots of fails.
  5. Dahaman Augur

Distillate of Skinspikes I (10 pt damage shield) thru Distillate of Skinspikes VI (35 pt damage shield)

All components are vendor bought on a live server. You can buy stacks of 100 for all items, start the tradeskill auto combines, take a quick stretch, and come back with tons of potions in hand.

I spent a ballpark 2000pp, but got hundreds of damage shield potions (of various level requirements). I did do the alchemy tradeskill training quests to start (got me to 54 Alchemy skill). In the process, I ended up with stacks of various damage shields, with various level requirements, that I now use if desired on all initial characters as I start them.

I spent perhaps 30 minutes getting to the 30-pt damage shield variety to give my shaman a nice boost at level 25 as well as a SUPER boost to all my new characters on the server.
  6. Geroblue Augur

Yeah, I get skinspikes from baz. I don't have ones for my level though. Most of the ones I see go from I up to V or VI or VII, skips a bit. Then starts up again at X and goes up from there. My tradeskill Alchemy for that toon is 68. I did the skillup in CR. Made Philter of the Wolf I and II.

I did check on eqtraders for a higher level skinspike recipe, and found a requirement for items I don't remember. Probably in baz if I look more specifically.
  7. Geroblue Augur

Got my shammy to 59... but I went to Natimbi instead of Blackfeather roost. Mostly duded out in the new armor.

AC didn't go up much, but ATK, mana, and HP did.