Returning players thoughts from level 1

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shizen, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Geroblue Augur

Well darn... no in game email as I'm not all access. I cannot afford to go All Access until end of March. I'll try then.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

If not all access you can send me the info here via message assuming ftp can do that here. I am in the middle of my 12 hour work day rotation so give me a couple days to bundle everything up and parcel it
  3. slayerofbats Augur

They turned the game into a bad version of WoW. It makes no sense. They give people stupidly over powered gear with Defiant but sometimes you get a lot of it, sometimes you get none of it, because it is all random. So the game is as easy as WoW, but not as satisfying because you don't get a full set of gear from quests. Everything is random and not consistent for each player. Also you have a far bigger grind that isn't as fun. Also I think the early welcome to EQ is terrible, the UI and controls confuse people. I bet they have lost a million extra players who have logged in and been bewildered and just quit.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Thanks, I sent you a Conversation. Silver is my current account type.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Just got home but darn windows has been stuck at "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" for an hour now and I work another 12 hour shift tonight so I have to get to bed soon. Have some things I have to do when I get off work but will try to make a package for you tomorrow some time assuming this update is finished.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Never really played WOW so my opinion is only based on EQ. TTS expansion is the modern questing and level path for low level EQ. If you follow the hero's journey quest line it will provide you with gear upgrades and decent xp. If a person only sticks to classic zones and quests they can expect the rewards to fall more in line with classic. Random world wide trade skill drops such as fresh meat and natural spices can be sold to barters for a fair amount and assuming there is low level gear for sale in the bazaar a person can easily buy upgrades this route. There are enough low level zones to keep a person busy for months or years even depending on how fast they grind. The problem is a lot of people only go back to what they know or what's the easiest path instead of exploring new old zones limiting their experience. I believe the tutorial is fairly decent but like anything in life could be improved. Anyone new to EQ or the MMO genre will probably feel overwhelmed at times. I am still learning new things about this game all of the time.
  7. Geroblue Augur

Did okay with my 62 Cleric froggy on another account. Everything on The Ledge I hit was LB.

I took a 58 Shammy barb with a level V apprentice tank and the tank got croacked by 2 DB mountain lions. So I'm taking a healer in there with me next. I did try and keep the tank healed... but Shammies doesn't have a group heal that I know of.

No problem getting into Blackfeather Roost.

What is The Graveyard in that zone ? Didn't find anything on Alla.
  8. Sagarmatha Augur

Leveling skills is one thing that Everquest does RIGHT! How many, "EZ" buttons do you need, FFS? Leveling skills is a tradition that every old school player can remember and respect. How many times did my Monk die before I finally mastered, "feign death?" Plenty of times. Once I mastered it, it felt good, and I could pull for my guild.

As much as many posters want, "World of Everquest," it's not going to happen. Please go back to pressing one button, (a LARGE button, or I will cry!), on superficial games. PAIN is what makes Everquest, Everquest. Corpse runs until three in the morning when you have to work at 0800 makes Everquest, Everquest. Furthermore, some of the finest people I've met, IRL or otherwise, helped me with CRs all night long. Why are they almost always Rangers? Art reflects life.
  9. High Voltage Augur

If you fall off one of the islands, the graveyard is where you will find your corpse afterwards.
  10. Geroblue Augur

Ah, okay. I thought it might have undead in it.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 The graveyard in Blackfeather roost is in the upper right on first level - if you don't have maps then get them asap! The quest givers there should be on find. If you fall off you die you can get a rez at your bind spot or in the zone or summon your corpse to lobby and get a rez there.

#2 Right as a silver or free account you cannot send email but you CAN send parcels. The parcel screen has a small line to type in a message if you needed to do it that way to communicate. Your in game account status as far as free or paid has no bearing on posting in these forums so email thru here might be the best way.
  12. Geroblue Augur

I have maps, and went to allakhazam to. Just no mention what the grave yard was about.

I don't typically need email in game. Just needed to this once. But I got the parcel.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Look up Coryn in Allah in Blackfeather - he is one of the quest givers in the graveyard. Its not so much a "zone" but an area that is named that - like some zones have "the spider caves" etc Has about 6-7 more quests to do while your doing the dailys so you get credit for more stuff.
  14. Geroblue Augur

At 53rd, my toon can barely handle the dark blues. At 58, most mobs are light blue. They do hit harder than I'm used to. And apparently they have more hp than I'm used to.

I took a 62nd shammy in last week. Didn't have a problem.

This was on The ledge. I haven't tried to go up to the next level yet.
  15. Dahaman Augur

The "healthy puma" and "injured snake" named mobs there are way under-con.

An "injured snake" and a "healthy puma" are best to avoid to start. All pumas are aggro and injured snakes are community mob aggressive with other snakes. Be prepared to zone out if you get either of these named mobs unprepared. Eventually, they turn into decent XP/Gold producing mobs, as you can sell most of their loot for a decent amount.

A poisonous snake and a cunning puma are good XP mobs if and when you can handle them. They are a touch under-conned, maybe, but not terribly so.

A puma, snake, and bear cub are the XP fodder for level 53. Pop a merc to handle poisonous snakes and cunning pumas. Be ready to run if you get injured snakes or healthy pumas.
    Quatr likes this.
  16. Geroblue Augur

I noticed that some things are good for plat to NPC vendors.

Yeah, cunning puma was red to my 53rd toon. I left it alone. Mostly I set my AA XP to 60% and let the regular xp do what it will.
  17. Dahaman Augur

It won't take long to level past 53rd there if you stick to puma, snake and bear cub mobs.

There are something like ~9 AA points (faster run, less food usage, +3 regen) of merit available before 55th level. I typically spend those 9 AAs and then level to 55th before gaining more AAxp. Level 55 has much better AAs and where the real AA power gains begin.

I typically set AA-XP to 50-50 at level 55 and let it ride.

My FTP mage is now level 72 with 500+ AAs doing just that. I gained ~60 AAs at level 71. The amount of AAs gained is increasingly drastically per level (which shows relative XP required per level is increasing quickly). My AA gain rate has been moreorless stagnant, so the levels are taking longer and longer.

*******************************************************************************************

Working thru the Hero's Journey quest line (Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore too) is a great means to quest as a primary activity and level up as a secondary activity. It's nice to complete a quest and then notice that you've gained enough AA to buy something (from the quest mob kills, NOT the quest XP gained).

Posterity Note: Questing does mean that I am leveling slower than if I flat out ground XP.

I finished the first three islands in TBS at 70th, but the 4th island was MUCH harder, even with the benefit of a major pet upgrade at level 71. The four pieces of armor upgrade from completing those three islands were NICE. I went back to work thru all the rest of the Steppes quest line (completed them yesterday!) at 71st, and I'm working thru Springs at level 72.

Steppes XP was good at 71st. Gnolls were easy single pulls, albeit they were easy enough to just pull doubles with indiscretion. Goblins are too grouped to pull enough singles/doubles in quantity. Giants were easy singles and good XP, but have so many hitpoints that they were slogs to kill. I had to kill 50-60 to get the Serpent Seeker Charm of Lore piece from them.

Springs is a decent place to XP at level 72. There are LOTS of single pull drakes/elementals around the hot springs on the west side, just north of the quest NPCs camp.

Iceclad Falls (name? that zone north of Steppes) is also a great place for XP at level 71 to 72. The kobolds were great solo kills (dark blue) on the western side of the zone while the griffons/spiders/ice golems were great molo kills (white/yellow/red). I got the SSCOL piece from the griffons on the 11th kill.
  18. Geroblue Augur

Thanks ! I'll look into that.
  19. Geroblue Augur

Ouch. I didn't have to loading please wait, but it was a close call.

Healer merc on balanced, I was taking on a DB mountain puma with my 54 cleric. AC 604.

Then a 'cunning mountain puma' who was yellow to my toon agroed.

The healer merc kept my toon and itself healed, but I almost ran out of mana, and another cunning mountain puma, also yellow, agroed so I got out. Not on Tunare.

I did upgrade my armor; AC went down slightly, but mana and hp regen went up from 45 to 47 on a mount out of combat.

I did a quiet spot, and pulled to it, last week on Tunare. This time I had gotten bored and wandered out into that depression down fomr the zone in. POW!

Wont do that again, I hope.
  20. Dahaman Augur

You are using a healer merc with a cleric? Why not use a tank merc?

Your mana regen on mount stays high in combat if you don't melee attack with your cleric. With the mana regen difference, you can pump out a lot more spell damage than melee damage?

My favorite place to pull to is on the opposite side of that boulder from the griffon. You can pull to seclusion and lots of mobs walk right past it, making pull times very short.