Returning Player.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Stailther, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Stailther New Member

Hello! I hope all is well with everyone. I played Everquest years and years ago. The last expansion I played was Planes of Power when it first came out! Due to college and real life I sadly had to quit EQ. However I was thinking of returning and was wondering how things are? I know ALOT has changed as I have read and did some research. I also know that it is not the same game as I remember from years ago however Everquest meant so much to me and was truly epic in every way. Is there enough people still playing to warrant comming back? With WoW and GW2 competing with alot of subscribers. Thinking back I have so many fond memories of this game and wish to make more. Help me to decide on whether or not an old school EQ vet should come back or not!!!! Thanks so much for any insight you guys can give,
  2. Riou EQResource

Yes, you should definitely come back! It has changed a lot indeed as well.

If you are still after that old school stuff, EQ Mac Edition is locked in time at Planes of Power!
  3. Reacshion New Member

I've seen players from the beta coming back, and many of them seem to be enjoying the game. The game has changed a lot, some for the better, and some for the worse. For me I highly enjoy the experience rate now since it does not require days for a single level, not to mention mercenaries remove the struggle for spending hours looking for tanks and healers. With the Free to Play feature you have nothing to lose. Going Gold or Silver have huge benefits I will add though. I played WoW for quite a long time and disliked the community, played GW2, but there is no end game content after quickly getting 80. Everquest has a fantastic community of mature players, and you can always improve your character, compared to WoW or GW2 where once your 80/90, gear is the only improvement. I would recommended Vox, groups are much more common through all the level ranges on there, compared to older servers where only 80+ groups exist. Hope this helps your decision.