Returning Player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Itachi, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Itachi New Member

Hi all I'm a returning player from a very long time ago. I had played on the Veeshan server from 1999 till around mid 2004. I left to play EQ2 and since then a few other games. Anyway back then I was playing a monk named Kusari in Kratos guild had some fun times. So I'm wanting to get back into game and not sure where to start. Was thinking of playing either a Shadow Knight or a Necromancer this time around for a main. Also looking for a group of people to play with that doesn't mind and Ole school newbie. At least I see leveling has gotten easier it doesn't take a life time to level.
  2. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

Can join me if ya want. I'm on Cazic and FV from time to time. Not a hard core player (old and have responsibilities). No guild just 2-3 box. Time zone is EST. Have fun and be safe!
  3. Itachi New Member

Sounds pretty good to me. I'll roll one up other there. I'm in CST time can be on between 5pm till 10pm
  4. Xhartor Augur

I would recommend the TLP servers, while they do require an active subscription but they are an easier starting point. The bulk of the player base on live server is level 100+ and there have a been a ton changes and features added. Character tons of different abilities and it can be overwhelming for a new or returning player.

TLP - Time Locked Progression
    These are servers that have set rate for expansion to unlock ever couple months, with some modern features.
    Most of them also code that restricts EQ to 1 instance per computer, so box requires multiple computers.

Server:
    Michief and Thornblade: Velious Just recently unlocked. These are also Free Trade servers.
    Aradune: In the Middle of LDoN.
    Rizlona: In the Middle of LDoN. This is also a box server.
    Mangler: In the Middle of TBS.
    Coirnav: VoA unlocked today
  5. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

That puts me @ 6 - 11. Can do 6 till about 8:30ish. You want Cazic or FV? Either way, I can power lvl you or I can make a fresh toon. Let me know what you wanna do Itachi.
  6. Itachi New Member

Either one is fine which one you like playing on the most? Was thinking of rolling a Sk or Necro which would be best for your group
  7. Herf Augur

And Agnarr, permanently locked at PoP/Ykesha/LDoN. Very friendly server.
    Xhartor likes this.
  8. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

Let's try FV server. Will not be on this weekend due to RL issues though. What class are you comfortable playing? My box group is mage, enchanter, druid. Let me know what your characters name is and will look for ya come Monday evening.
  9. Itachi New Member

FV it is. I don't play alot on weekends anymore either. I'm fine with either class. With your group I'll go SK for a tank. Might even box a toon for the group. It's been so long I remember buying multiple PC just to have my own group back in the day. I'll let ya know the names when I make em. Have a great weekend brother
  10. Itachi New Member

Alright I made an SK named Ittachii on FV
  11. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

I am so sorry Itachi. I thought I had characters on FV, I do not, they are on Xegony and Cazic. Again, sorry. Make up a SK on one of those and I will be there.
  12. Itachi New Member

Np at all I've actually got an Necro named Itachii on Xegony that I never played