Returning player...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Pristine, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Pristine Oakwynd

Hello, all. Just checking out the game again and have decided to try Mangler as a server, though I may look at Selos too.

Any tips are welcome. Cheers.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

WB, you should define questions.
  3. Pristine Oakwynd

Thanks for the response. I would like to know anyone's experience of both servers, for being active and so forth.

Right now, for classes, I am looking at bard or druid or something of the like.. if anyone has insight on those, it is appreciated too. I have not really played since 2004 or so.
  4. Fluid Augur

Druid is still era strong on Mangler. I kind of recommend a money making character first as opposed to a IMO hardware dependent one like a Bard. If you look in the TLP forums here, you will see people that choose the path of least resistance i.e. Unrest where everyone congregates nowadays, they can get maybe 16-20 levels in the first weekend. I find all the pet classes are pretty good as even Enchanter pets are OK in the current incarnation of the game. I've run up a Shadow Knight too and they are a fairly good choice if you don't mind the old world faction problems but want a tank type. Just about any character with DOTs like a Shaman or Necro can root rot if you want to solo and do old school places like crocs in Ro.

Downside of Mangler is IMO all the botters and farmers. I needed a drop from Phinigel Autropos for my Magician and someone offered me loot rights for three Kronos or ~$50. The botters have a tendency to hog spawns and make a buck that way. Kind of drives me nuts but YMMV.

If you are sure you want to go the TLP route, you will probably find more info in the TLP forems.

One constant piece of advice if you haven't done it already is to retrieve your original account. CS is usually very good at getting your old account back, you just need a combination of email address, credit card number, character name, and ??? to get set up. The veteran rewards are that good, it should be every players first priority when coming back.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Couple of links you may find helpful:

Noob guide:

Video of features added per expansion (note some are not available on TLP until that feature's expansion unlocks):

Heroic Character/Returning player Guide:
  6. Pristine Oakwynd

Thanks for the information. I did start a druid and am looking into that for now.
  7. Pristine Oakwynd

Trying out Mangler still, though still trying to decide on a decent class, and if I should bother looking at a solo type. Rolled up a wizard and a necromancer to play with, for now.

I had also started on FV with a wizard. I am trying to decide which serve might be better to continue with as the main one.
  8. ibc93 Elder

Running Bard or Enc is really solid on Mangler. Crowd control or good pullers is missing from many groups. Nov 20th is also a good date there. Luclin drops then. BST becomes an option. Got ranger, necro, and bard class guides on my YT too if interested.
  9. Pristine Oakwynd

Shall keep that in mind. I ended up back on FV for now.