Returning player!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Virdayne, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Virdayne New Member

I was in an accident a few years back and am now disabled. I've had a lot of time on my hands and finally decided to return to EQ to fill up some of my free time! I'm an old school player that used to raid a lot. Unfortunately I've suffered some nerve damage so I'm looking for more of a family style guild as I'm not certain I'll be able to play my character to its fullest. I've read that Bristlebane has one of the best family style guilds out there, but the post I read was dated. Does this still hold true? If not, any server suggestions? Thanks in advance!
  2. Roxxanna Augur

3. Virdayne New Member

Appreciate the response, but as far as I can tell this post doesn't have any information relative to what I'm looking for. I'm specifically looking for a family style guild. I'm not really looking for a guild for new players or raiders. I can't find any information pertaining to social or family style guilds on this link at all. Thank you for your time though!
  4. moogs Augur

Family style guilds are where returning players usually belong, at least for a while. You can find a number of them on just about any server.
  5. Virdayne New Member

Okay, thank you for responding! ;)
  6. kthehammy Elder

In regards to Bristlebane, there is a large guild Ring of Valor and while they do have a raid team they also have a lot of casual players and host casual raids. Is that maybe the guild you were thinking of?
  7. Virdayne New Member

Possibly. The post I read didn't list the guild names. It just said that Bristlebane had "the best" family guild. Found it.
    "My servers , ones I play on ...

Xegony alive and kicking 2 best raid guilds in game atm , some awesome family guilds and a large population ..

Bristlebane alive and kicking 2 great raid guilds ,a one of them also being a top 5 raid guild, and the best family guild in EQ ..

Zek sad to say on life support :(

Drinal very dead server no action for large amounts of time ,only popular during very peek hours ..

E-Marr no real raiding guilds , 4 family type guilds that raid ,in time these 4 guild will beat TBM , it will just take them awhile ..."

Yi Min posted Jan 22, 2016
  8. Virdayne New Member

I will take my chances with Bristlebane. Thank you all!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. eqgamer Augur

Emarr has no real raiding guilds? Que?
  10. Virdayne New Member

Seems Bristlebane only has about 50-100 people on during off-peak hours. Unfortunately, I spend peak time with my family. According to current server population trends the only server that really has a decent pop during off-peak hours that isn't p2p is FV. I'd love to support and p2p on Phin (it's actually what I would prefer), but the little money I do have is going to go for a Barbie Dreamhouse for my little girl long before it goes on something for me.

In short, if anyone is reading this to get information on servers. FV has steady population, even at off-peak. If you can p2p it seems phin is the place to be for TLP and a much higher population. Bristlebane, Cazic-Thule, and Xegony all seem to be okay during peak.
    IblisTheMage likes this.