Returning player with some questions.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by MonsterMiceli89, Apr 18, 2018.

1. MonsterMiceli89 New Member

So I started playing back in 2000...I think, it may have been 1999 because I know PoP wasn't out yet. I played up until around 08-09 and have been gone since. I'm back though and its a different world. I played a Rogue back in the day and now I have a decent toon going on FV but I'm interested in trying something new. Looking for advice on the following classes for Coirnav.

Druid
    Cleric
    Bard

Any help will be hugely appreciated.
  2. Galinet New Member

Of those 3, cleric is the class I played the most. They wear plate, which makes them quite resistant i.e. you can tank better than other healers.

I believe that with Yaulp 2 you can have a similar mana regen sitting and standing. And with the summoned hammer that procs (insanely often) you can go melee the mobs and actually provide meaningful DPS, making you a combat cleric.
  3. FatheadGuildLuclin New Member

Galinet's answer makes me want to roll a cleric; something I have never wanted to do. But if I started today on Coirnav, I would go with a bard for sure.

Getting all the bard only/bard + rogue drops, instruments, illusions through the expansions would be great hunting. Camping a Lute of the Howler when Velious is released, etc.

I have 2 accounts each with a bard on live server so there is some apples and oranges here I guess. The bards were supposed to be tag-along boxes for some extra haste/slow/spell dmg but now I find I am playing a bard with a dps or caster box on autofollow. And that run speed might be worth it by itself on a prog server.
  4. Galinet New Member

The only thing I dislike about bards is when you are grouped with one and they are playing the levitation/run speed song, and you get a little too far behind to hear the song and fall down!

Other than that, they seemingly have a song for everything, making them quite versatile. And like druids, they too can swarm kite. Clerics are more efficient with single targets.

I've had many great memories with my cleric. Here's one from Kaesora. Our puller had brought 3 mobs. In those days of non Crescent-reach era, that was a big deal. But no problems, there's a cleric in the group. As the puller is nearing the group, I target one and root it safely out of reach. The group attacks one and I cast a bigger than needed heal on the puller and aggro the other. I pull it away and while it is pummeling on my heavy plate armor, I root it. Then it's only a question of keeping the roots up and healing the group.

They are a lot of fun in a group, but boring in a raid since you are expected to sit away from the fight, hiding from AOE, simply meditating and healing, or being part of a complete heal rotation. That's not fun at all.
  5. Galinet New Member

I believe the first proccing hammer is at level 56.
  6. Lovelysunshine New Member

What do you mean ? How can we regen mana with Yaulp 2 ?
  7. Kolani Augur

You don't, Yaulp V is the first one with mana regen.
  8. Sagarmatha Augur

If you're going to play on Corinav, the best class to play if you want groups is Cleric, and Bard is a close second. Druid is nice, but expect to be the main healer in most cases.

The "battle Cleric" is the most thing I've ever heard of. There is no such thing. If you're a Cleric, and not exclusively healing, you're getting booted from any quality group and hopefully the guild you're screwing. CLERICS ARE NOT MELEE. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD.