Returning player thinking of Berserker

Discussion in 'Melee' started by ceto, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ceto Elder

Hello all,

Just came back after a long break and looking to make a Berserker, from 1-70 or so I will probably just play alone with a Merc, but after that I plan on grouping alot.

What is the status of the Berserker nowadays? Have they been improved or am I better of with another melee class?

Thanks!!
  2. Symbius Augur

Berserkers are King in every single aspect of the DPS game and it's not even close.

So enjoy!
    Sindaiann likes this.
  3. Cleaver Augur

That and needing so much ADPS.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

One can and should argue that they get some of the most powerful spells in the game they just use yellow mana. They also just got the highest or damn close to highest yellow mana regen capabilities in the game. Dichotomtic rage is absolutely nuts base and modified and blows just about any blue mana spell out of the water. Disconcerting disc with 100% uptime again puts most amplifying spells to shame. Decapitate is nuts in terms of what it works on compared to other abilities as well as proc rate with good stats. Some very powerful area effect abilities excluding furious.

Put it all together with their base melee and you end up with them where they are: best raid burst, best/sometimes second best raid sustained, best group burst, best group sustained, best old content farming ability in decap.
  5. Tactic New Member

Good, as they should be.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

For now.

Remember like 1-2 expansions ago when they were ridiculous glass cannons of pure, pure derp? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

OP: pick what you want, picking based on flavor of the expansion class tends to not end well for most people
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Behelit Augur

Dichotomic Rage has nothing to do with what we're seeing EoK, and its damage is capped at 750k per hit unless the mob has a Hit Dmg Taken debuff like Funeral Dirge/T'Vyl's. Last I checked DD's and DoT's aren't dmg-capped and can/do regularly hit higher than 1mil on raids. It also has a massive 6.8k endurance cost.

Speaking of massive endurance costs, we use roughly 4-5 times the endurance as Rogues/Monks in the same time frame. Then take into consideration Zerkers havent been able to use Breather on raids since the fade change, and you have one of three melee classes that goes out of endurance much faster than the others. Which is why we needed and received an ability to help mitigate the huge endurance usage imbalance among pure melee.

Disconcerting having 100% uptime is the whole point its a sustained disc, what doesn't make sense about it is the particular mods Aristo chose to use. Personally I was against it having Crit Chance since its less useful while alone and scales too well with a grp/raid. I was pushing heavily for it to be changed to a Frenzy dmg modding disc as this wouldn't scale with ADPS to nearly the extent we see now. It was kept Crit Chance, so /shrug.

As for Decap, just lol... Decap is not good, it'd literally be the equivilent to a Wizard that can proc a 200k flat melee hit off their DD's on blue cons. They can't mod that 200k melee hit, they don't have passive AA to support that 200k melee hit, and it procs ~3times a minute. Meanwhile Mages and Enchanters have a 250-260k DD they can proc off their DD's on humanoid blue cons, and they can mod those up to higher dmg, and it procs ~3times a minute.

Don't get confused now, I'm not in anyway saying Headshot/Assassinate are actually good either, they're bad too. But to act like Decap is the greatest ever while completely ignoring the downsides in direct correlation to its counterparts is just silly.

Ya no one likes to remember TDS when Zerkers were a complete waste of raid space and half of the raiding Zerker population either retired or main changed. Not to say that justifies what we're seeing in EoK but to act like theres ever been consistent balance/tuning direction for classes is amusing. You either win the beta-lottery or you don't. It's never made sense.
  8. Sancus Augur

I do?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Behelit Augur

Read the full paragraph lol, it's a caster analogy to decap/assassinate/headshot. I expect more from you Sancy-poo
  10. Sancus Augur

Connecting sentences is hard tbh
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

Obv you know zerkers inside an out way better than me but....

I agree most of what we are seeing in EoK comes from savage spirit no longer being a disc, you guys getting 100% uptime crit rate disc and a few other tweaks that all paired together let you burst for such insane numbers that it just carries forward on almost any fight duration.

I've been told multiple times by good main zerkers that dicho under full burn with scarlet cheetah is something like 7 or 9 million damage from a single button press. Or like a max of something like 18m in 60s with two button presses when they save cheetah procs for it a second time. There is no spell that I know of anywhere near that power dot, nuke or aa.

You guys burn through end so much because of dicho and there is no way your aren't going to use it every time its up. That doesn't change the fact that you are pretty damn close to the highest end regen'ing melee class in the game to pair with that dicho power. End regen with nothing to dump it into means nothing the limiting factor there is not having something to use it on for massive gains. End issues because of how well you can dump it into dicho for massive gains really isn't an issue, its an attempt to limit its use some.

100% uptime is an issue, its just not the only issue as you point out. There are ways to boost sustained without always on disc that then stacks with pretty much everything like crit rate does to increase everything all at once. Knifeplay and Eye of the Storm are two such examples that don't have 100% uptime and help a lot but don't stack with everything else instead. Do you guys even use any other discs anymore? Aren't you the only melee that can hit 100% crit rate while also having your burn power come from massive crit mod boosts and cripple frequency?

Decap is good its just not a massive part of your dps because of how nuts everything else is. I am sure everyone would like a free 200k proc even if it can't be modified any more. Even if its only for most dark blue cons in game or under. 3 times a minute is base proc rate not what you see in game with gear and buffs. Just the other day dicking around in Argin Hiz group task burn out a zerker had like 9 or more decap procs in something like 7 seconds burn on the keepers. Its also pretty useful on EoK trash in raids.

Now with all that that doesn't mean you guys need some massive nerf swing but there needs to be some thoughtful changes to you or some pretty massive changes to everyone else. Because all those little things that don't mean much are sure showing up as pretty powerful in total.
  12. Cleaver Augur

Rangers really don't add much in the overall sustained to zerkers even if you assume every hit crits and you get that 9m damage thats 5% of your total damage on a longer fight probably less. It inflates your first 60s that's it. A monk probably adds more to zerker damage long term.

Also decap is useless its maybe 10% of your total dps vs content it procs on.

Disconcerting we asked for something else we got what we got.

Dicho isn't the only endurance eater. Alliance cost about the same.

The problem isn't any one ability its the ADPS a raid brings to the table. Every year we ask for increases to frenzy and volley where the dps gain can be controlled. Every year nothing happens. They need to rain in ADPS
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

Zerkers do not need a giant slap in the face but the devs need to rethink some of what they did to you guys this beta.

It sounds like bizarro world in here as people these days will say anything to explain away why its ok they have some insanely powered abilties. Yes this ability can do 9 million damage in a single button press yet you guys are explaining it away saying its nothing. And its 9 million at the 0s then another 9 million 60s later. So in the first minute of a burn you get 18 million damage from a yellow mana spell in two button presses this is nothing close to that power. You guys can one shot mobs with a key press and totally dismiss it as nothing. Pretty nice 60s reuse ability even if most times its not modified powerful enough to do that.

Yes decap is nothing because its only 10% of a long parse on certain mob types. Again ignore that at times it can proc 5 times in 10s for an extra million damage for free. Thats just not useful at all honest.

I get you guys didnt ask for disconcerting to be what it is, they wouldn't have listened if it was. But that doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be 100% uptime and it shouldn't be crit rate at all since it stacks with everything then and puts you guys in a spot that you have no use at all for all your other discs anymore.

This is not an adps problem this is they gave you guys some pretty nuts stuff that all works together when you were already damn powerful while then also fully working with adps which you guys already relied on heavily.

This is the exact same thing they did with wizards. Wizards needed a boost at one point but they got it from dev 1, dev 2 came in and also boosted them drastically to fix the issue never speaking with dev 1. Then dev 3 came along and made a ton of adjustments to also boost the never talking to the other two apparently because what should have been a small tweak turned into major boosts from 3 different angles all at once. Just like you guys getting a horribly tuned new perma disc. While then having SS no longer be a disc waiting to be paired with it. Glyphs allowed to stack. Dicho free to be paired with cheetah and all this 100% crit rate you can get to. All while then massively boosting your endurence regen to let you use dicho and alliance for longer.
  14. ~Mills~ Augur

Maybe I am the one looking at this wrong.

I think zerkers should get SoS it would just be easier to get around.
    I think zerkers should get mortal coil as a proc from kill shot it would just help them live a bit better.
    I think zerkers should get stances they need a slight boost to 2h passive and could use 35% perma mitigation.
    I think zerkers need staff block for their weapons since they can't use shields.
    I think 30s mend would help with ae rampages.
    I think feign death skill would go a long way with making the class more fun.
  15. Cleaver Augur

Everything you listed is why our dps should be higher compared to them classes in an equal setting.

Dicho is not 9m damage every time you hit it. It's not even 9m damage with ranger cheetah you have to crit on every hit and that doesn't matter. It's potential is 4.5m without cheetah you cant just claim its 9m damage when that is extremely misleading. You're also being misleading about decap which does not proc 5 times in 10s under normal circumstances. Decap proc rate is based on number of attempts per minute if you're discing and aeing that rate goes up so you decap more often. So yes inside of 60s maybe it procs more often because you're hitting 5 or more mobs at once. We did Sul the other night in 63s i decaped 5 times under a full burn.

You're also being misleading with the fact it only procs on dark blue mobs outside of Gore not a lot of them in raids.

It's also funny you claim we have 100% crit rate. It's not true. Even with disconcerting running its no where close. On a 1100s fight its 65-75%. On a 170s burn its 75%. Are these numbers exact no, but I know how to play my class and these are real numbers taken from parses done this week.

The problem with these forums is people like you posting misleading and false information on purpose you know you're wrong but don't care.

As for ADPS. ADPS is responsible for over 50% of the damage you will see a berserker put up. Go play one without a bard/shm/bst/rng/mnk .

With all that said. You're talking about the first 60s of fights when every EOK raid last over 10m
  16. Xinj Journeyman

Berserkers still exsist?
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

Maybe I am being told bad info but I don't think so.

Prior to EoK raid geared and buffed zerkers could reach 100% crit rate and that was prior to your new disc. Doesn't your epic get you guys to 100% crit rate for 1 minute out of every 3 once you get to some hdex threshold from gear and buffs? Almost positive the answer is yes. So if your at 100% crit rate for 60s and using a glyph, SS and raid buffs those first two dichos should always hit for 4.5m each under those conditions. Then if you have a ranger in group for scarlet cheetah which is 100% twincast rate you double it. So there is no maybe or possible about it at all you hit for 9m at 0s and 9m 60s later unless you waste the scarlet cheetah counters on junk which no one would do. After that period until your epic is up again yes dicho wont do that again until you have all your burn up but its still a sick ability without all that. As I said before wizards dicho had a max potential of like 4.5m when at 100% crit rate, with a twincast and under a bunch of mods and it was nerfed instantly yours does double that and can occur twice in a 60s periods and somehow is left alone and you guys try to explain it away as nothing.

You admit your average on a 1100s fight is 65-75% crit rate. Thats the average of 1 minute out of every 3 being 100% crit rate and 2 of every 3 minutes being at your base crit rate which is determined by your disc, gear, hdex and other buffs. Which has to be pretty high or you crit rate would plummet a lot more than just 25-35% when without epic for 2/3's of the time.

I never said decap was this super ability but its the best of its kind based on how it procs and what it lands on but 10% of your dps for free on average is pretty nice when it does work. But 3 procs per minute on dark blue mobs is misleading for those with raid gear and buffs. The point was its just another piece of a pretty overwhelming puzzle at times that explain why you guys double the burst of everyone else in any setting raid or group. All while dominating sustained outside of necros and even then its only sometimes you lose to them regardless of duration.

Everyone relies on adps you can't justify even more stuff modified by adps just so you do more dps when your without it or you go insane. You guys didn't ask for it to be this way but thats what the devs did and it needs fixing. Like was proposed boost your sustained or help in ways that arent amplified by adps so you don't burst for what you do but still get help. You can't burst for 1-2m dps in 60s and then say it doesn't matter because their are no events that are only 60s so it doesn't count. When in fact 95% of the game has nothing to do with raid duration and ends up totally destroyed by that level of power. As do raids because most consist of a few important phases or stages that do only last 30-90s and then its another 8-9 minutes of ho hum parse padding that in reality mean nothing but to those trying to justify them having their cake and eating it to.
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

Doing good is one thing. Doubling everyone elses burst while winning all sustained except for necros sometimes is another thing. Nevermind the buzzsaw that are zerkers in the group game.

Zerkers were doing good in TBM.
  19. Watajoke Journeyman

ADPS is the issue for class balance, the devs will never achieve class balance as long as it exists. Considering they added a ton more of ADPS in EoK it is clear that class balance is something that is not on their agenda. Scale down or remove adps then balance classes, but that is tremendous work you will never see happen.
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

Adps isn't a bad thing. Adps being 50% of a classes potential is. With that being said zerkers adps reliance was not really changed at all in EoK they still rely on it heavily but not moreso now just the same. What did change is SS is no longer a disc so its not free to be paired with another actual disc now. Glyphs now stack with SS. They also got a new always on crit rate disc that blows every other disc they have out of the water so they use nothing else anymore. They also got some sick end regen to let them dicho and alliance for longer without an issue. They got a new weapon. They get way more hdex from augs and gear to get their ever growing crit rate higher and higher. Put it all together and here we are. And just like wizards its not one thing so it will probably take the devs 3 years to realize it just like was the case with them when they got massive help from three angles that worked together but looked ok individually.