returning player thinking about playing shaman...

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Damezza, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Damezza Augur

there was a nerf to shaman dots recently? how else did we deal damage? shaman a tough choice these days?
  2. Brohg Augur

Shaman dots were nerfed. They are now down from "whoops, that's way too good" to just "much better than they ever were in the past"
    Skewert likes this.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I agree with brohg. we're still a solid play. both in solo and group situations. the only time you should really feel like a third wheel is if you're in a higher dps group with a tank that's not taking much damage.
  4. Brohg Augur

(and its extremely unlikely that high dps group doesn't value your Roar & Epic at a minimum)
  5. Tucoh Augur

And if you've got a high DPS group with a good tank and a good shaman, they're probably best off pulling a group (or more than one group...) of mobs at a time. In which case some basic coordination will allow you to select which mob dies last, and you (along with other DoT classes) can load it up with DoTs.

Sometimes when I'm running with my shaman(I usually use six DoTs), ranger(1 DoT) and beastlord (3 DoTs) I'll kill the last mob in a group of six with only DoTs before I kill the first five mobs.
  6. Damezza Augur

How does rolling a sham on Agnarr or phinny compare? Debating between a sham or a beastlord to single box casually while at work haha

Thank you so much for your help