Returning player questions (soe era)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Emile Gorgonzola, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Emile Gorgonzola New Member

Hello guys,
    I used play from 1999 to 2003, mainly as druid and SK (as HL charas) and a pletore of lower levs on Bristlebane.
    Feeling a bit of nostalgia i created a fresh account with a new druid on Vox.
    Still undecided to play from scrath again or to reactivate my old account...

I have no clue of the changes done in the last 10 years...
    So how are druids and SK doing nowadays?
    Are they still fun playing or usefull by new standards?

How goes grouping now? I see lot of talks about multiboxing... which is a no go for me, i want to play with people, not solo in my corner with my own team ( i did solo a lot as druid, but only when i need to, or waiting for a group)
    So there are also differents servers with different rules too, how is on classic servers ? Should i avoid them (if grouping is dead) and go on a fresh one for a new start ( like Vox or the coming Coirnav ?)
  2. Tachyon Augur

Grouping isn't dead! There's a lot of whining on the forums, but that's just forums stuff.

I'd suggest an SK on Coirnav!
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

I would suggest you get your old account back, regardless of if you decide to start a new toon or not: your account has a large number of Veteran Awards, because of its age, that are highly attractive to play.
    Yruc and Quatr like this.
  4. Quatr Augur

Definitely try to get your old account back. Not only will you get Veteran Rewards like double XP (30 minutes once a day), but old accounts are automatically "Silver", which have various perks. Call the support line and give them as much 1999-2003 information as you remember: addresses associated with your old credit cards, old e-mail addresses, character names and so on. More often than not it's enough to get your account back.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Felicite and Yruc like this.
  6. Emile Gorgonzola New Member

Good point then!
    Contacted support for recovery, my accounts are there, but no charas....contacted support.

Thanks for the tips, guys :)
  7. slayerofbats Augur

There is no grouping for 100 levels. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Average player is going to be faced with several months of long grinds all alone. The mercs help a bit but only if you pay, and even then, it is still slow and tedious.
  8. Quatr Augur

Oh yeah, now I recall that they nixed phone support a few years ago. How time flies...
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Just to be clear: it is the accounts themselves that have the veteran status, not the toons. I believe you can /veteran one toon pr year the account has. This is irreversible.
    Felicite likes this.
  10. Emile Gorgonzola New Member

Thank you for for the extra info, Iblis !
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. Kymmie New Member

Hi,
    I am in the same boat. Played from beta EQ to 2004. I tried looking for a number to call and couldnt find one. I would love to get my Toon back.
  12. Quatr Augur

Unfortunately, as I wrote earlier:

13. Treeluvr Journeyman

As far as grouping is concerned, a new Progressive server will open in two weeks and the only grouping will be at low levels for a while.

There are downsides as well, but look into the TLP servers if you want to group at lower levels.
  14. Caziclady New Member

I have my veterans awards and all the expansions I bought but lost my characters. Also I attuned some rewards now thinking about moving to progression server. Sux to be me.
  15. Yemeth New Member

I am not sure, but I dont think that veteran rewards is a factor on TLP servers?
    I am playing on my old account at Agnarr and my friend who I play with that also has an old account, dont have access to his old e-mail adress so he just made a new account, there are no obvious difference between our 2 accounts, we level at the same pace, the /claim doesnt seem to work on that server, not that it bothers me.