Returning player, questions on leveling

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Micker, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Micker Augur

I haven't played EQ in about two years. I have about 10 level 100 toons on about 6 accounts. I'm gonna be focusing on my mage, beastlord and SK I think at first. I have just been doing daily tasks the past couple days. They are all about to ding 101 soon.

I heard that exp at 101 drops off big time, is this still true?? I see people talking about HAs, but not really sure what/where they are, just instanced zones. Which zones/what to do for exp at 101?? Thanks, hoping to get back on track!!
  2. Panzer New Member

I came back two months ago after 5-6 years of absence. My highest toon was 93 mage. After enjoying and finishing VOA content in 4-5 weeks, I got tired of silver account and bought new TBM expansion for my main acct and 2 other old accounts. I did not know what HA was either. So I took my now 100 mage, 98, mage, and 97 chanter to COTF content Ethemere to do HA. I asked about HA in the zone and was told of one advice - start LOTD right before completion of HA. The problem was I had to "tune" portals to COTF zones. It took me few hours to tune my chars. So next day, I requested HA. It gives 4 daily adventures to complete in 4x hours or so. So I looked up in allakhazam site about those adventures. I got lucky that 2 of 4 HA were 1st adventures in BIXIES content. it took me about an hour to finish one. My jaw dropped when I saw my reg exp bar move 25% at the completion of HA. So i did HA only for last 2 weeks. I only play 1-1.5 hour each day so HA was perfect for me. My main toons are now 105 and made enough COTF currency mark of Valor to buy merc armors. I have not yet experienced TDS or TBM content. Just head out to Ethemere and get HA. Look up (Allkahzam web site) which of 4 adventures are 1st of question series and do them only. You may get unlucky and end up of with 2nd or 3rd quests series. You will know what to do at that point.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

What he said.

Gribble in Dead Hills is generally considered to be the easiest set of HAs. The daily tasks probably give the same amount of exp/time, but you can only do them once per day.

I wouldn't say that exp gain slows drastically past 100; I mean it does slow, just not that much more than for previous increments.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes the Gribble tasks in Dead Hills are the go to grind spot and the exp is pretty good. Because the exp is given at the very end of these missions when complete don't activate any exp potions or the Lessons of the Devoted aa until right before you complete a mission.