Returning player, question about Aradune and 2 box rules.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kelan, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Kelan New Member

I am considering re-subbing and starting up again on Aradune and have played before on various other progression servers. I just genuinely enjoy the starting EQ experience, leveling up and gearing up via normal xp camps and doing some quests along with enjoying some of the comforts that progression servers enable.

Sometimes I like to 2 box, and use a main desktop and a separate laptop for my box, usually a cleric just for buffs and an occasional heal or res. I am definitely not hard core or anything. My wife also likes to play and we are considering starting up together. We have been playing EQ since 1999 and keep coming back every few years.

My question is, if I want to 2 box at times, and she is also playing with me, will the 3 accounts per IP address cause us to get flagged to get banned or to have issues? We are planning to start up fresh, so would like to have the extra box to assist in the leveling and when we can't find groups, or just when we need to afk a lot and can't be as focused as many groups like to be so we can play alone.

I am just back after many months, maybe a year or two, so haven't been following the forums like I used to, so just hoping for a quick answer before I roll up again. Thanks!
  2. Lejaun Augur

As long as you use 3 separate computers, you'll be fine. If you get knocked offline, send in a petition and explain your situation.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

To also add, don't have your wife and your laptop both /follow you or people will think you're 3 boxing and report you. But no, as far as ip addresses go, you'll be fine.
  4. Kelan New Member

Excellent! Thank you!
  5. Teufel New Member

I watch out. Was giving a warning on my account for boxing when I have never boxed. Lead GM Emwon will claim to have undeniable proof and tell you to pound sand.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Never boxed as in you've only used on account on Aradune and have never used two accounts at the same time? Just clarifying whether you are talking about being accused of boxing or being accused of botting.

How many were you accused of boxing?
  7. Thewiz Augur

Just do yourself a favor and don't play on Aradune.
  8. Teufel New Member

I only play one account. I was in a trio group with a guildmate and his box farming threads in velks. I got a warning my guildmate got a 7 day ban.