Returning Player, Parcel System?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xerzist, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Xerzist Augur

Guys,

I am returning and have a 60 Mage that has lots of gear usable by a Level 1 caster. I'd like to re-roll necro for solo/money making purposes.

I am on the free version, so I don't have access to the shared bank. Am I able to send these said items to my character (on the same account) through the parcel system with a free membership?

Also, how much plat can I carry? I read that it is 100 plat per level with a free account. So that means at level 50, I could carry 5000?

Thanks in advance.
  2. wolfe New Member

3. Xerzist Augur

Of course I read that link, Wolfe.

It does not tell me stringent details of how I go about using the parcel system or whether my theory on gold is correct. I played this game years ago, not as of recent.

Do you have answers?
  4. Dejoblue Augur

Why not try sending some junk item through the parcel system to see if you can.
  5. wolfe New Member

Well i havent use the ingame mail system yet (parcel) i seen one in Neriak though and i do know that F2P and Silver Accounts wouldnt be able to use them except receiving mails. Have you find a parcel npcs yet? If so what is the problem??
  6. Xerzist Augur

I'm at work and can't try at the moment ;)
  7. Dejoblue Augur

Ahh the joys of being at work planning your EQ adventures for the coming evening. :)
  8. Tegila Augur

f2p cant send parcels, however if you ahve a lvl 60 you made years back, you can have 500pp per level not 100. all old accts got grandfathered into silver instead of bronze.

a way around the shared bank is to go buy a houseplot and house iwth a closet, put your new toon as coowner, and deposit your stuff into the closet , then withdraw with the other toon
    Vouivre likes this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

...or just ask some nice person to hold stuff for you. ;)
    Or do like in '99, drop&camp!
  10. yaddab Augur

Does drop and camp still work ?

I tried that with some temp items the other day and they were poofed when I logged on another toon ..must try it again !
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Drop and camp works just as well as it ever did. You generally want to be in a very out of the way place. After all it is entirely possible that someone could have walked by; saw something on the ground and picked it up and thought hey I could use that and left not thinking anything of it.
  12. Borek-VS Augur

And in some places NPCs like to tidy up after you.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

only in like Thurgadin
    Borek-VS likes this.
  14. Phiyre Augur

drop and camp worked great for me.. just have to go to one of those very out of the way places where folks won't be running by while you are gone.
  15. Borek-VS Augur

And Shadowhaven, and a few more zones from around that time.
  16. Geroblue Augur

Create yourself a one account guild. Lots of space in there, 200 storage spaces. Easy to transfer items between characters then. And you get the stones that gate you to other places. I have several, across 3 paid accounts.
  17. Borek-VS Augur

Hmm... can a Free or Silver account create a guild?
  18. Geroblue Augur

I think silver can, but I know bronze can only join.

Just do an alt-g in game. If the guild creation window shows up, then you can.
  19. Sebbina Augur

You need to be gold to send parcels, and i really havent liked the drop and switch toons for a long time, there is of course the option to makea new bronze account so you can have a mule or 2, and trade gear that way. Also if you are starting a new toon on the one account, could make the mule a partner, wizard or cleric with merc tanks could help gain XP, assuming your comp can handle 2 up at a time.