Returning Player Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Breeze, May 4, 2020.

1. Breeze New Member

Hi All,

Returning player to Norrath and haven't played since probably around 04-05. Had to unfortunately stop playing EQ at that time, but fast forward to now and I'm able to play again (for good lol) and happy to see there is activity! I have a level 45 char on a retail server, but my main goal in coming back is to experience the content I sadly missed. I read about TLP Servers and looks like Aradune would be my best bet, and I am not sure if I am wasting my time leveling a character on Mangler at the current moment? If my goal would be to experience the content that I missed (or at least try to), would it be better I spend my energy leveling with what I guess are Mercs now in Retail and experiencing content that way given the speed? Is it fine leveling on Mangler? Any help or insight would be much appreciated as I'm eager to have a chance to pick this up again and have a chance to go through what I missed on the first go.

Thanks!
  2. Fluid Augur

I may personally pass on Aradune because I have done the TLP thing multiple times. I do recommend everyone try a TLP server just because there is a 'gold rush' mass leveling hysteria with a ton of people grouping and trying to be 'first on server.' Actually that is the only thing really old school about the experience as everything else has changed for the better i.e. no corpse runs.

I am kind of OCD. I still like to go back and do quests I missed first time<s> around. If you have an level 85 character available to you from the promotion this spring, I would say just pick a live server to exercise that option on. Lots of people playing FV because of the experience bonus & loot rules so that would be my choice for doing what you want.

That's it in a nutshell. Even if you don't have a free level 85 character available, FV because it will get you where you want to go fastest. Play Aradune when it comes out because the period aspect of it will make the early quests worth doing because they provide some of the best equipment in the game. By the time a TLP server hits PoP there is almost no need or point to do most early quests. The cultural newbie armor you get makes the other stuff pointless.
    Breeze likes this.
  3. Breeze New Member

Appreciate the insight Fluid, will def give Aradune a go when it comes out. In the meantime it sounds like my best bet is FV Server to experience content in the meantime (I do have an 85 option available). Will mess around on live to try and go through the content. I'll try to look up some leveling guides with quests and zones to try and make the most of it.

Thanks
  4. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Don't talk to people in General chat.

If you want to start from classic id go to one of the new tlp. I'd suggest aradune if your not trying to box. If your trying to experience PoP and later expansion sooner then later i'd suggest mangler.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Join us on Aradune, bud. It's only a few weeks away. Just be warned that you'll get that authentic MMO experience with server issues due to overcrowding and competitive people being competitive. That'll only last a short time though.
    Breeze and Shanarias like this.
  6. Nichiren New Member

There are 2 new pop locked servers starting up on May 27th, and they will lock and planes of power and LDON. Good to wait till then, I personally wanted to get used to EQ again and made a character on one of the more populated servers and found lots of help. Made it to level 52 in about 1.5 weeks so you can do quite well either way.
  7. Fredescu Augur

They're not locked anymore. They will progress to Live.
  8. Nichiren New Member

doh, then im staying on live. They have all the candy already
  9. Breeze New Member

Definently not trying to box, and appreciate all the insight! Will go the route of a live server until the release of Aradune. Will try to find a guild/some people to link up with :)