Returning Player, Mage Box Question

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Rorekhihl, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Rorekhihl New Member

Happy 4th all.

I'm a returning player that has decided to add a mage to my box setup that I'd like to level.

Current group consists of 105 war shm clr brd and I will be adding a heroic wiz and heroic mage that I want to get up to speed.

Before I dive completely into the deep end I wanted to play the wiz and mage solo a bit to better learn a bit before they catch up and the learner curve is even steeper.

For the mage I was wonder at 85 if anyone remembers what the best dps rotation would be for the spells available at that level? Mind you this toon will still be boxed with some other 85 toons .

From a guide I read earlier it looks as Rumbling servant , bolt of molten scoria, and fickle blaze are the current go tos?

Is there any benefit to casting rumbling servant if you already have one up?

Thanks for any insight
  2. Szilent Augur

don't sleep on rain spells. they don't multiply as strongly with enhancements to crit effects as more plain nukes do, but on their own they're v.powerful
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Can't help on the leveling rotation but why did you select a wizard for that group?
  4. Gr8fuldave Augur

Probably for ports and some dps. A porter and a mage are great additions to any box group imo
  5. Rorekhihl New Member

Like Gr8fuldave said for the ports and dps. Why do you ask?