Returning Player - Gearing Up

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Yoric70, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Yoric70 New Member

It's amazing how this game can suck me right back in after so many years away. Aside from the community aspect of this game, I love how engaging the gameplay is.

I've gotten back into the swing of things and decided to box. I'm running a 91 Necromancer with about 60k hp (buffed from merc). He's geared in mostly HoT t3/4 armor from when I played back in 2011. I'm also running a 85 bard who has horrible armor and a newly created 85 heroic mage. I think once I level the two lower level guys up, I'll have a pretty solid group with options for pulling (Necro or Bard) and tanking (Mage pet with Necro pet off tank when needed).

I'd like to find a new place to hunt with these guys and hopefully catch the two lower level characters up to my Necro in both level and equipment. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about any expansions after HoT. Do I need to work my way through the HoT armor sets for my lower levels to take on more challenging expansions? I'd really like to see something other than the yard in front of House of Thule.

I've read over Almar's leveling guide many times, but it doesn't take into account equipment upgrades. Any suggestions on where to go and what to try out?

Thanks!
  2. Xerzist Augur

Your box setup isn't entirely gear dependent, aside from a few focus items that would be beneficial.

With Bard, Necromancer, and Magician - you got two pets + you can pop two damage mercenaries and a healer mercenary (if they are paid accounts, you'll wipe the floor with most mobs) and be set. I'd get the best enhanced minion earrings you can for them, and you'll probably be good in that realm.

I'd worry about gear later on - go find Franklin Teek in PoK and see what the current hot zone is for 85 and 90. Go to whichever is preferred. Explore, kill named, grind, get experience that way. Or do the content while in the hot zones. You can also utilize overseer on all 3 and accept the experience option as a reward. Lesson of the Devoted afaik is available on any toon now for a good session.

Goodluck :p
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Others say to go the TBM route and that it will hold you till level 105. The armor looks lame till you put some augs in it then it really buffs up. As you gain levels you trade the augs out. You get the remnants from doing HA's which will be about right at your current level or you can buy them in the baz if anyone is selling. You do get a lot for each task you do. As a Bonus see what Franklin's cousin Clayton Teek is offering for that day and if its in TBM then grab that.
    https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/quests/TBM/GroupGear/

At 100 you can look at this stuff
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Call_of_the_Forsaken_Armor_Guide

Your group might be a little low but you can start doing HA in Tainted Karana at level 75.
    https://cotf.eqresource.com/groupgearlvl90.php?class=&type=&stat=ac&Submit=Submit
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The progression arcs also yield some really great rewards.

Do your progression! :)
    CatsPaws likes this.