Returning player from TBS days

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Qetuo LightBringer, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Qetuo LightBringer New Member

Been gone since the buried sea... Feeling a bit lost... I was in a raid guild, I have a lvl 73 paladin. I am one group quest away from my 2.0... Just not sure where I should be going or what to do??? Lots of new zones I've never heard of, I've never had a mercenary??? Now there's houses??? Any advice on where to level up, advice on mercs. Where should I start progression SoF?? SoD?? Ohh and there's an achievement system now too, which of those shouldn I focus on??
  2. DinkumThinku99 Elder

I would suggest going to the Plane of Knowledge and doing Secalna Galnor's tutorials: those cover mercenaries, housing, and a lot of other new features.

Depending on how much has changed since TBS, you might even want to start a new character and run through the new player tutorial first, then go see Secalna Galnor.

I came back after 15 years, and doing both tutorials was a major help in getting up to speed on all the changes over the years.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Tereil Elder

Can meet up with someone on your server to help you out, if you want. What server are you playing on?

2.0s are essentially soloable now. Still fun though. I think at that level, I want to say Defiant gear is the armor to get. Drops off of just about anything.

Franklin Teek in the plane of knowledge offers daily quests for every 5 levels. Can grab several at once, so long as you haven't finished one in the past several hours. Rewards for hose are a level appropriate belt, back, or shoulder piece. Repeatable daily. Change occasionally.

Achievements are nice. Can check to see what things are available and goals to work towards. And some offer rewards (AAs, mounts, bags, etc)

Mercs are nice, if quite a bit underpowered in the end.