Returning player, feeling overawed...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bilderov, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Bilderov Augur

So, i quit playing EQ seriously back in 2004 and have been back a couple of times but not for very long.

I'm now thinking of coming back seriously for a few months and am at a complete loss of where I should go, what I should do.

I've got a 97 Rogue (heroic) and 96 druid (heroic) and I've been levelling from scratch a 76 Mage and a 62 Paladin.

I'm aiming to go through previous expansions and see a bit of the world of Norrath. I want to do the Hunter / Slayer achievements on my druid (he was my 1st char from 2000) and I want to grow the other characters in a way that I can relate to the game again rather than just finding and passing down OP loot and powering my way through the content.

Question is, should I be doing straight-up power levelling, missions, tasks, Overseer etc.

If so, where do I start with such a wide-ranging set of chars? I want to be able to box the Paladin (62), Mage (76) and Druid (96) at some point

I don't want to have to just to power-level the paladin and the mage and end up with 4 chars in the mid-90s without any clue of where I've really been and why.

Any thoughts / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to add that the paladin and the mage are ALL Access!
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If your just planning to box and are in no rush to get to the end take your time and enjoy the expansions. You are all access so you won't have to worry about AAs until you get to level 105, and even then 2 105 expansions will be autogranted AA. Rushing to the end game will mean you miss a lot of great content. If you don't find part of it fun you can always move on somewhere else.

Take a look at heros journey and see what you can find for your levels. This should take you close to level 85. It starts from level 1 but you can jump in at any level your want too. So you can if you want solo/molo with Pally to Mage then add them to the group and then add the other 2 when you have leveled further. Heros journey quests rewards you with gear, augs and items that will assit you on your EQ journey.

At level 85 check out House of Thule this has a lot of revamped old norrath zones. Same as the expansion before Seeds of Destruction. Both these expansion have quest to unlock higher level mercenarys, HoT is the easier quests and the quests in the first zone has a lot of augs for completing the.

Veil of Alarris was a tough expansion but I would suggest doing the 1st quests in Pillars of Alaris for the Tear (fits in range and later becomes an aug) at least for the pally.

From there head to Rain of Fear expansion, has a lot of velious revamped zones and some other cool looking new zones.

After that start working through the expansions starting with Call of the Forsaken, you gain heroic AAs for completing content which will especially be handy again for the pally.
  3. Tucoh Augur

You've got a few good options. I'm going to assume that all your characters are on different accounts.

1. Take your paladin/mage gold and then group with your druid/rogue.
    2. Level your paladin with your druid helping out till you group your pal/mage (where you can drop your druid if you want) and then group them together.
    3. What I would personally do: drop the rogue, get a heroic bard and then either heroic your mage/pal or just level them normally till you can group with the druid, doesn't really matter.

A bard will dramatically enhance your mage, druid and paladin. Your rogue won't do nearly as much, your paladin will feel underpowered and your druid/mage will be mana starved.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

By the time he gets there, it will be all three level 105 expansions (just about 3 months away).
  5. Kenderix Lorekeeper

I'm logged on from another account, but thanks for the responses. I've got a few things I want to try but this has been very helpful.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Best tip I can give - Join a guild