Returning player cannot log in to game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by OldSkoolTunare, Aug 18, 2019.

1. OldSkoolTunare New Member

I've been away for awhile, and thought I'd come back and check things out.

Daybreak is new, SOE gone??

Anyways, I created a Daybreak account, then I tried to log into EQ using my accounts info...denied. My password could be wrong (possible).. password reset request..and wait..and wait.. Nothing.
    I Then tried opening a service ticket. Click on the link, the service ticket screen flashes and then routed to the Daybreak log in screen (but I'm already logged in - SOE was notorious for that lol).
    I have my EQ account username (100% positive its correct) and still use the email account that I had used for EQ.

Help,
    OST
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There might be some issues right now with the servers on the account management part of EQ that is affecting the pw reset.

Sometimes changing your browser will work. For example when I was pulling up these links for you none of them would work with Firefox or IE but they all worked with Opera Browser.

But you need to start here: Even if you think you know the name your its best to start with this:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-

Follow those directions especially the one about RECOVER YOUR NAME. If it matches then move on to the reset password. Yes you will have to log in twice to submit the ticket.

This will work great for you since you still have access to the email. Some other things to consider - servers have merged so you have to find your old one - https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231264868-Server-Merge-History

Make sure you download from the website since your old copy of EQ from Sony won't work right. And don't use the cd's.

If none of that works they advise to make a new free account and submit the ticket thru that.

Not sure how you were logging in to submit a pw reset when you couldn't log in to begin with. If you made a new account with say the name "newguy" then you would make characters on that account but your old character would not be on that new account. You can download a copy of EQ and sign in with your old account name which will then have your old character name attached to it.

Finally WB!
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Cats has covered it all. Just wanted to say welcome back to EQ!