returning player / box options

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by koii, Sep 28, 2017.

1. koii New Member

Good morning all my eq'rs. =D I'm a returning player from long ago and really want to experience some of the older stuff i didnt get a chance to back in the earlier times. With that said, I'd like some advice from you.

Some of the characters i have available to me are 84 SK, 78 enchanter, 81 mage, 81 wizard, 79 Bard, and 79 Cleric. Most characters have around 1k AA and groupable gear (Tier 3 from FoS) Well, these are the highest level characters I have. (I do have level 60s shaman and zerker.)All separate accounts. Not sure if i'll pay for a membership with any of these just yet. I've almost convinced myself that my SK will probably want to go all access just to get some AA's caught up.Whew.

Obviously I wont be able to play each character to its full potential. I just like having options =D. I plan on experiences older content, progression, raids, killing named. Maybe running through Time, Anguish, anything else that you all could suggest would be great too. I like challenges but also just relaxed group atmospheres.

My group makeup. Its been a long time but i do have experience with boxing. I just question having so many cloth wearer's and not any chain. I use most of my time on my Cleric, SK, Bard, then just hot button my wizzy and mage. Once my SK gets the agro its pretty awesome just blasting the mobs down with them. Enchanter right now i just use as a buff bot. (Shaman is on that account.)

Any issues with this setup going up against any groupable encounter say up to level 85? maybe 90 if i ever make it there, lol =D. Raid encounters would be the ones I stated earlier.
    Dunno if i want to sub out my enchanter for a shaman or zerker. I heard zerkers are good dps but I just dont know how much time I can be on him using mutiple disc's? With the casters it seems pretty simple. I guess gearing would be easier?

Also if i happen to level past 85 or 90 would this box set up still be decent? I'm not looking for the "best". Leveling something else up is an option too.

Sorry if i repeated myself or if some of this isnt clear. Just excited to be back and looking forward to playing again. /hugs!!

Koii =D
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Are all of these toons on their own accounts with exception to the shaman and enchanter which you stated are on the same account? In all honesty if you can box well and setup good macros and such this is not a bad setup. I might suggest dropping the bard even though they can be considered the easiest to box if you just use them as a melody bot and replace them with another mage. I would also use the enchanter over the shaman in this situation so you have the ability for crowd control and mind candy for your casters and haste for your sk and pets. Your sk should hold up well tanking and a decent healing macro on your cleric should be sufficient with sk taps. I don't think you would have any issues boxing all the way into EOK and EOK 2.0 if you are good at boxing.