RETURNING PLAYER - BLOATED MOB HP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by forumwriter, Feb 2, 2021.

1. forumwriter Journeyman

I am a returning player. I quit after TDS (the darkened sea). Can someone explain the bloated hit points on mobs from EOK up? Also while you are at it can someone explain why xp is absolute crap now? Seems bloating mob HP is a antidote for lack of content?

Two xpacs (which should have been one) 98% undead? REALLY? I guess rogues and rangers just get screwed here? ZERKERS JUST FINE< in fact make 3. This was super well thought out I can tell. EOK and ROS should have been one xpac. Again, making me feel like your company is cheap and paper thin.

On top of my 14.99 sub a month you want me to buy XP potions and pay into /overseer?
    No groups to be found EVER, the server is filled with boxers or people standing around waiting for TASKADDS from the overpowered SK + 3 Zerker box teams.

Old missions in EOK where mobs are tagged as raid mobs , so pets can't taunt them? working as intended? Orcs are humanoids right? than why cant ORCS IN GMM be headshotted? working as intended? Jopals in TBL? working as intended?

PUSHING OUT CRAP that's my honest opinion as a returning player.
    Maybe you are just ok with MEDIOCRISY. Seems a lot of lonely people keep your crap game afloat.

I wont be. I played for a month, WAS COMPLETELY TURNED OFF. Unsubbed all 3 accounts SOLD OFF ALL KRONO, cancelled all 3 accounts.

Maybe you don't care, maybe you get enough money from the 6 boxers and lonely people clinging on to nostalgia.

Congrats on your EMPIRE OF DIRT.
    Pleides likes this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

goodbye
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

We'll miss you!
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. forumwriter Journeyman

And that's why the game keeps sucking. No justification of the design, just complete acceptance of crap.
    Goodbye to you as well, take a look around at the room you are in while you are 6 boxing.

ROFL
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the same vitriol you spouted in 2014 so obviously you really don't like this game and should perhaps find another more suited to your playstyle

Scientists studying the physical nature of hate have found that some of the nervous circuits in the brain responsible for it are the same as those that are used during the feeling of romantic love – although love and hate appear to be polar opposites.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Will we get more of your vitriol in another six years? I want to plan ahead and have someone to be ready to record it on stone tablets for posterity.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and CatsPaws like this.
  7. forumwriter Journeyman

I am sorry the same "vitriol"?
    what are you talking about? Like a Lot of people I went to WOW than Tried the TLP servers, FARMED OVER 200 KRONO. than they decided to ADD MORE AND THAN MORE TLP servers, until population got so spread out there were no groups left on TLPS either and once again BOXING,

GO to the new boxing server, WATCH THE 20 BOX TEAMS (MORE THAN 1) RUN AROUND KILING WHOLE ZONES.

How about that ARADUNE RELEASE, that was smooth, right?

Seriously please spare me your . Also your pyscho crap, what a joke!

The hate comes from buying content and finding out that content actually LACKS CONTENT!
    ADDRESS THE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMNET, you wont, because you cant!!!!!!
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

[IMG]
  9. forumwriter Journeyman

Hopefully the game will be dead by than. or you will be what 70 years old?
    What happens when the aging EQ community dies off? EQ getting a fresh influx of young players all the time right?

You are so out of touch, You sound like a FANBOI.

NOT ONE OF YOU HAS DEBUNKED ANYTHING I SAID.
    Its just a bunch of " we love this crap, mmm tasty crap daily"

I WONDER HOW MANY TIMES THIS GAME WILL BE SOLD IN THE NEXT 6 YEARS
    AND I WONDER HOW MANY HEAD LEADS THEY WILL GO THROUGH.

You know what, lets revisit in 6 years. Good Idea!
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you. We have listened and now know the error of our ways and will attempt to conform to your needs and wishes. Once again, thank you. I think I can speak for almost everyone when I say that your carefully worded missives are deeply appreciated by the ignorant masses here. We bow before you. We praise your awesomeness.

Thank you.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Riou EQResource

class imbalance causes things like mobs hp to skyrocket to compensate, so weaker classes (or more casual players) take much longer then previous expansions to do anything
  12. forumwriter Journeyman

THANK YOU

at least someone actually confronting the issue. Read everything above, THE TOXIC acceptance of crap and ridicule of anyone that points it out.
  13. menown Augur

I like the bloated HP. NPCs were dyeing way too fast for DoTs to be effective in groups. If you enjoy game-play where a group can kill zone trash in less than 10 seconds, go find another game to play. The leveling experience change is a valid argument. AA exp is fine though.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. forumwriter Journeyman

I guess you think you SPEAK for everyone. YOU DONT. in fact you have offered nothing but to spurn an argument. You contribution to the discussion has BROUGHT ZERO INSIGHT.

Good job, Self Elected leader of the Derpalerps
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I thought you quit?
    Celephane and Duder like this.
  16. forumwriter Journeyman

Except there are no groups being formed anymore.
    Necros cook everything. I am sure they had no problems with their dots ticking on mobs.
    The live server I am on, people are making a SK or NECRO or both plus 2-3 zerkers.
    Since decap still works on undead.

I have been told several times that my concerns are correct
    I have been told Daybreak/ Darkpaw, who ever they are now, wont do anything.
    I have been told to make A SK + 3 zerkers and face roll everything.
  17. forumwriter Journeyman

No actual thoughts on the subject right?
    No debating my points?
    Just toxic

Yeah, I' am sure you are just an awesome person in real life, aren't you?
  18. Derka Power Ranger

Don't want to quote the long post but pretty sure the mephits from TBL mearatas can be headshotted. Orcs in ToV rygorr mines can be headshotted. ToV brought a level increase and therefore more headshot ranks, you can now go to RoS and headshot Gorowyn for awesome XP until you reach 115. At that point switch to rygorr mines. CoV you can headshot a ton of mobs; wyverns, sirens, mermaids all in the first zone of Cobalt Scar.
    As for mob bloat, yes HP has increased to match maxed players demand in DPS. You have classes that smack stuff for 2 mil hits easily which pretty much justifies the new expansions T1 trash ho value of 35 mil. Once you get to T2 you better bring a friend or friends because stuff goes up to 50 mil hp.
  19. Cicelee Augur

For a returning player who last played in TDS, you seem to have gotten a lot of personal experience and knowledge about the past four plus years in a matter of days. Quite impressive.

Or is this a farce and you decided to create a forum account to hide who you really are because you are too scared to put your name to your words?
    Duder, Skuz, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  20. menown Augur

Necros have not even had their revamped DoTs for a full year. HP bloat has been happening for much longer than that. I am sorry that you play on servers that cannot find people to group with.