Returning player asking about entering expansions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by onesong‘Baralku, Dec 1, 2019.

1. onesong‘Baralku New Member

I was wondering how to get to the expansions. It may seem strange because I've been a longtime player. I started in 1999. I last played in 2015. My highest character was lvl 85. I played a lot in SOF and SOD on that character. I never visited any expansion after Seeds of Destruction. Yet I can't remember how to enter the newer expansions. I remember how to enter everything up to LDON.

Here's a list of expansions and what I remember:
    The Ruins of Kunark - from POK (i can't remember the zone with the boat... never really liked kunark)
    The Scars of Velious - by boat from Antonica and POK.
    The Shadows of Luclin - luclin spires all across norrath and POK.
    The Planes of Power - POk books all across norrath.
    The Legacy of Ykesha - from boat in Odus (click door to teleport) and from POK.
    Lost Dungeons of Norrath - from the farseer camps all across norrath.
    Gates of Discord - can't remember.
    Omens of War - guild teleporter and Priest of Discord (i just looked this part up).
    Dragons of Norrath - from Lavastorm.
    Depths of Darkhollow - from the dark elves zone and maybe POK?
    Prophecy of Ro - can't remember.
    The serpent's Spine - from POK.
    The Buried Sea - can't remember. probably from guild teleporter.
    Secrets of Faydwer - from guild teleporter.
    Seeds of Destruction - from guild teleporter.
    Underfoot - no idea.
    House of Thule - no idea.
    Veil of Alaris - no idea.
    Rain of Fear - no idea.
    Call of the Forsaken - no idea.
    The Darkened Sea - no idea.
    Empires of Kunark - no idea.
    Ring of Scale - no idea.
    The Burning Lands - no idea.
    Torment of Velious - not out yet. and no idea.

So anyone want to refashion this list with new ways to enter the expansions. or correct errors. I'm F2P right now but I've subscribed in the past on this account. I was jsut recently subbed and playing on Agnarr. But I wanted to revisit live for a while. I played live for some time some years ago in 2014-15. I want especially information about getting to Secrets of Faydwer and Seeds of Destruction and Underfoot and House of Thule.

I'll add that I'm currently considering playing on my lvl 86 heroic enchanter. F2P for a while. I can't wear prestige right? What're the rules? Any cheap things i can do... like $5 for something. I'm not ready to sub yet because I just played/subbed this last month and I am itching for a different MMO--keeping in mind that I subbed earlier this year too (I guess I like to come back to EQ). What I wnat to do for now is enter easy-ish famiilar places--like SOD or SOF. And obviously I completely forgot how to play this chanter. And chanters have a higher learning curve.

Also I'm not in a guild. Thanks.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I can fill in some of it... I'm sure I'm omitting some options.

Gates of Discord - Magus in Lobby ports you to Nedaria's Landing, or guild hall portal to Barindu
    Omens of War - Priest of Discord ports you to Dranik's Scar, or guild hall portal to Wall of Slaughter
    Dragons of Norrath - from Lavastorm, or guild hall portal to Broodlands
    Depths of Darkhollow - via Nektulos Forest or guild hall portal to Undershore
    Prophecy of Ro - via clicking a statue in East Freeport arena or guild hall portal to Arcstone
    The serpent's Spine - PoK stone to Crescent Reach or guild hall portal to Goru`Kar Mesa
    The Buried Sea - via Toxxulia Forest to Barren Coast, or guild hall portal to Katta Castellum
    Secrets of Faydwer - via Steamfont Mountains to Loping Plains or Dragonscale Hills, or guild hall portal to Dragonscale Hills
    Seeds of Destruction - Herald of Druzzil Ro ports you to Plane of Time, and portal in Plane of Time takes you to The Void
    Underfoot - via The Hole to Brell's Rest, or guild hall portal to Brell's Rest
    House of Thule - Oggok stone in PoK has the option to enter Feerrott, the Dream, or guild hall portal to the same
    Veil of Alaris - airship from Steamfont to Argath, or guild hall portal to Argath
    Rain of Fear - there's a lot and you have to attune to each portal through an old zone. Also guild hall portal to Shard's Landing
    Call of the Forsaken - there's a lot and you have to attune to each portal through an old zone. Also guild hall portal Ethernere Tainted West Karana
    The Darkened Sea - I forget

haven't played any past there, sorry.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you open your map and look in the upper right corner you will see a tab called "zone guide' - click that.

Then look at the bottom of the screen where it says "set start" - it will automatically set that to the zone you are in. If you want a different zone then just scroll on the list above - click the one you want and then click "set start"

Under that is another blank that says "set end" so you scroll to where you want to go - click it and then click set end.

In another smaller box a list of how to get thru which zones to get from where you are to where you want to go will pop up. Usually a yellow path will also come up which shows you the route to take to get out of where you are.

The list contains each zone, expansion and level - so if you want to go to an certain expansion you can look for that in the list or a certain level you can pick that
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. onesong‘Baralku New Member