Returning player after 18 years --- super frustrated =(

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Seiir, Jul 14, 2021.

1. bardybard Augur

That just creates plat out of nothing and leads to plat hyperinflation.

If you are looking for a WoW-token like system you kind of missed the mark. In WoW the gold still comes from the player but the trading of said tokens is anonimized via the AH which sets the token price in guild based on supply and demand.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That still sounds like it will cause a lot of problems as the price does vary a lot by server and this would also prevent people from trading krono for a higher or lower value if they chose or items. In the end as it won't actually change or prevent any of the listed problems why even bother with the work?

And as others have said this would just introduce a lot of plat into the game from the vendor as not all krono will get bought from it.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is not true, the first expansions where closer to a year and the first 6 month expansion we got was LoY.

00 Everquest March 1999
    01 The Ruins of Kunark March 2000
    02 The Scars of Velious December 2000
    03 The Shadows of Luclin December 2001
    04 The Planes of Power October 2002
    05 The Legacy of Ykesha February 2003
    06 Lost Dungeons of Norrath September 2003
    07 Gates of Discord February 2004
    08 Omens of War September 2004
    09 Dragons of Norrath February 2005
    10 Depths of Darkhollow September 2005
    11 Prophecy of Ro February 2006
    12 The Serpent's Spine September 2006
    13 The Buried Sea February 2007
    14 Secrets of Faydwer November 2007
    15 Seeds of Destruction October 2008
    16 Underfoot December 2009
    17 House of Thule October 2010
    18 Veil of Alaris November 2011
    19 Rain of Fear November 2012
    20 Call of the Forsaken October 2013
    21 The Darkened Sea November 2014
    22 The Broken Mirror November 2015
    23 Empires of Kunark November 2016
    24 Ring of Scale December 2017
    25 The Burning Lands December 2018
    26 Torment of Velious December 2019
    27 Claws of Veeshan December 2020
  4. Typhus Lorekeeper

I swear there are so many of you krono defenders out there, I sometimes wonder your real intentions.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

To make an average of 6 - 10 krono per day on autopilot. :p
  6. Darkskull New Member

Lol. Sounds accurate. They lobby against anything that interferes with their money making business.
    TheInquisitor and Fallfyres like this.
  7. bardybard Augur

Do you make minimum wage or something? The amount of $$ you can make off "krono farming" is absolutely pitiful for anyone with any sort of real income.
  8. Darkskull New Member

Ugh oh, someone got his feelings hurt lol. Maybe your just too naive to understand some people's job is playing EQ. And some make 3 to 6 thousand U.S. dollars a month selling krono from either plvlng people, farming high sought after items etc.
  9. Triconix Augur

The irony coming from one of the most pedantic posters around.
  10. Triconix Augur

I dont think stating 3k a month is helping your cause. You can flip burgers and bring in that kind of money. 6k is closer, but then you gotta look at the hours they invest to reach that amount. Is it more than 40/week? If so, not that great. Plus it means literally zero benefits of having a real job such as vacation, Healthcare, 401k/403b, bonuses, etc.
  11. Darkskull New Member

Tyler from FV brings in around $25k-$30k a month from everquest one. All I am saying, mic drop.
  12. Triconix Augur

So you went from 3-6k to 25-30k? #doubt
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Defending krono? Or is it that we know enough about the history of the game to understand that everything you are complaining about has been happening long before krono got introduced to the game?
  14. Darkskull New Member

Tell me what I am complaining about? I don't recall complaining about anything, just stating obvious facts. You, Waring_McMarrin, are just lobbying for RMT.
  15. Darkskull New Member

Doubt all you want, I know what's real in this game and I keep it that way.
  16. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How am I lobbying for RMT by saying krono are fine as they are and pointing of that RMT has been happening since EQ launched? Not only does krono give players the ability to make the trades without the risk of fraud but they also allow for some to pay for EQ without having to spend their own money.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that RMT has always been part of EQ and other MMO's and will always be part of them
  18. Darkskull New Member

That's racist and it offends me. Reporting this to the community manager.
  19. Darkskull New Member

I'd rather DBG get 100% of the krono money than what they are getting now. RMT will always exist, but I don't support it and if a new idea comes along that might fix that problem I don't just ignore it or try to dismiss it.
  20. Soulsiphon Elder

This needs it's own post. I really think you are onto something good here.