Returning player: A way to find out which characters...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by gambitak, Oct 22, 2018.

1. gambitak New Member

I'm thinking about returning to Norrath after many years and had several accounts. I got the password to this one, but it only shows 2 characters, and they're my lowest. Is there any way to see if my higher level characters are on this account before I have to (apparently) pay for slots? I could try to dig up the passwords on my other accounts, but I believe this one held my higher level toons.

As a returning player, having to pay for slots was odd and definitely off-putting.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

You may want to check if you have any loyalty crowns on the account in which case you can buy one or more Doll(s) of Character from Alerynril the Loyal in Plane of Knowledge.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When you first sign into an old account (now its called silver) you have access to all characters on that account but must choose which show up on character select as you are limited to 4 slots showing on silver. It will by default show them alphabetically.

So if your only showing 2 toons then you should see another 2 open slots. Silver accounts get 4 slots to use. You could petition to see if the characters you are looking for are on that account or if they just went missing which has happened a time or two on the old accounts.Then DBG can restore them. But not if they were ever deleted by the player - only if they are missing.

You can buy more slots thru loyalty but it won't help if for some reason they just are not showing in those 4 slots. When I signed back in to my silver I bought an additional 3 slots thru loyalty as I wanted all 7 of my old characters back in their own slots and I received a warning the first time I signed in that the silver account is limited to 4 slots.

Only the base free accounts are limited to showing and or using only 2 slots without buying more thru marketplace or loyalty.

If you don't remember their names then another idea is if this is the last computer you played EQ on then there may be some char.ini.<your name> file in the EQ directory that would help you find them. If you do remember their names then just sign in with that.

Other than that is going to be look up those passwords and sign into each one.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If your returning as a subscribed player you wouldn't be paying for any slots. You only have to pay to use additional slots if you are playing for free.
  5. gambitak New Member

Thank you all for the answers. It's been several years since I last logged in and I had many accounts, so I think that my main 3 were on another account, which I don't remember the password.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

7. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

whenever my account reverts to silver I still have access to ALL of my premade toons... Anything on the account already when it reverts is still there and accessible. 9 toons on my main account and I have access to all of them when its silver, just can't make any new ones.