Returning Player — Key to-dos since CoTF?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurmoon, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Aurmoon Augur

Hello folks! I’m returning after a few year hiatus. The last expansion I played through was Rain of Fear and just began dabbling in CoTF when I finished. I am completely maxed out through RoF (Coldain Shawl, Epic, achievements, anniversary clickies/augs, etc.). I’m looking for some guidance from folks on the following:

1) Are there any clicky items from Hardcore Heritage (Old Seb) that I should get before it expires? See classes below.
    2) What permanent power enhancers or clicky items should I pursue from prior expansions? Examples might be: I heard TDS has an illusion clicky from the quests in the dinosaur zone that provides a powerful buff. Also, it seems achievements have introduced “Hero’s Vitality” or even additional trophy slots. Are these still relevant? I’m aware of the Artisan’s Prize quest.
    3) Any links to guidelines on how merc armor / leveling works? I’ve never done any of this.
    4) Advice on how to tackle EoK / RoS progression? Seems I need to start with EoK and do something called EotD (progression?) in order to move forward. Any other thoughts or keys to success here? Will also accept links to walkthroughs.

My main is a Shadowknight, but I also have a few boxes/alts that I try to keep flagged and current. They are: (a) Shaman (b) Bard (c) Wizard (d) Mage (e) Ranger.

Any advice would be super appreciated! Thanks everyone.
  2. Mazame Augur

Are there any clicky items from Hardcore Heritage (Old Seb) that I should get before it expires? See classes below? Yes The Cone if you can get the blood/ emp camp .. it an main hand non damage for when you don't want to repost that is a huge up grade from other items out there.

What permanent power enhancers or clicky items should I pursue from prior expansions? Examples might be: I heard TDS has an illusion clicky from the quests in the dinosaur zone that provides a powerful buff. Also, it seems achievements have introduced “Hero’s Vitality” or even additional trophy slots. Are these still relevant?

I would start with EOK progression to get EOTD done this will help with getting groups. Also you will need Eok T2 gear to make RoS gear so hang on to it as it drops.

once that done I would then work on ROS flagging to get VP keyed. This will give you access to the skull clicky for dispelling as well other gear. As your doing RoS make use to save TS drops because the crafted gear is a good way to get you caught back up in gear quickly.

From there go back and do TBM progression This will unlock a nice aug and open up the vender type five aug. as well as up you dico spell for each class.

Doing the above will get you many of the Hero’s Vitality” or even additional trophy slots for those that your missing once progression done you can then start to fill in. Yes they do help and are worth getting.

Any links to guidelines on how merc armor / leveling works? I’ve never done any of this. /Baz search for sooth if you using cleric merc. but the best armor. no need to level it as that was done away with. the prices on it are not bad.

Advice on how to tackle EoK / RoS progression? Seems I need to start with EoK and do something called EotD (progression?) in order to move forward. Any other thoughts or keys to success here? Will also accept links to walkthroughs. Go to https://eqresource.com/ They have guide for each task as well as maps to down load and can walk you thru everything.
  3. fortuneteller Augur

I am afraid that if you go and try HH Seb, that you will soon see your corpse from above, if you come with CoTF armor/items.

There has been massive increase in hps/ac since the time you were there. The items have increased close to 100% since the time you played

Also the items have introduced type 5 augs, which gives a lot of heroic stats. It might sound nice, but then todays mobs from tbm and up are build around people having the bonuses from the heroic aa.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The majority of item Clickies have been converted to AA's (Form of Endurance, Form of Defense, Prismatic Ward) type effects. If you click the item buff it will give you a permanent AA with the same effect. I think that was added after CoTF. Also HH Sol B has a random drop Ancient Cloak of Flames which is still the best OH clicky. There is also a raid dropped version from the Naggy instance in HH Sol B called Mighty Cloak of Flames with the same click. I think that came after CoTF as well. Those are only up for a couple weeks, so I would try and snag one of them while you can. HH Seb has 3 Random dropped augs from trash that are worth getting. You probably won't use all 3 of them on each class, but with the variety of classes you have, you'll be able to use any of the 3.

Merc AA's are earned like normal XP any time you use a Merc. There is a Merc tab in your AA window that you buy the AA's from. The merc XP is a separate XP bar like the player AA bar, just for Mercs. Merc gear only has 4 slots, there is a new tab in the inventory window for Merc armor. You can equip the merc armor there and it applies the stats to any merc you use. There's 4 different armor types, 1 for each merc class. Also, the AA's are split between general which applies to all mercs and then individual class ones.

The Heroes Vitality type AA's are still useful, as well as the Trophy slots. I forget which expansions reward trophies, but there's a couple since CoTF that give some good trophies. If you go through the Achievement window for the expansions you missed you can preview rewards for completing quests. Look in the first tab for each expansion and look at what quests reward items you would like. The majority of the good stuff will be from completing entire quest lines, which show up in the first tab. I think it's called General.
  5. Zurril Elder

I would make sure to focus sometime in TBM. People don’t really play that expansion much anymore, but for dichotomic spells and coins for type 5s alone, it’s a great start. Every class got a dichotomic spell / ability that was extremely powerful and could be leveled up from progression. I can’t speak for all classes but It’s great for SK’s and a must have for some classes like berserker. RoS will have much better type 5s that aren’t too hard to get , but TBM will get you started.
  6. Aurmoon Augur

Really appreciate the feedback so far folks. Please keep them coming! I went back and read the last two years of patch notes as well as studied up on some of the heroic stat and aug changes. It really does seem like my RoF raid gear will be pretty useless in TBM and beyond. I’m going to see what I can buy in the bazaar for my SK to at least enable me to tank in TBM and upgrade the rest of my gear in phases.

Also seems Heroic Agility is the new go-to for SKs? I used to focus on Heroic Del before.