Returning Old Player

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gnomer Pyle, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Gnomer Pyle New Member

Hello all,

Recently I've had the itch to play EQ again after 10 years away. I have 3 accounts to which I logged in to be awarded 3 heroic toons. I am unsure of the gear they are given and AAs as to why I came here. My thoughts are to Start a 3 box team tank/mez/dps. Below are my thoughts based on what I have read around here.

Mezzing - Enchanter. I chose an enchanter over a Bard due to the ease of mezzing. While a Bard is an easy box I feel it may be a little easier on me overall from an adds perspective. Thoughts?

DPS - Wizard? - I chose a Wizard due to again the ease of boxing and good burst dps from what I have been read. Ideally I think a Berserker would be great as I read that they are the kings of dps atm. That being said I am on 1 PC and have 2 melee characters seems painful.

Tank - War or Sk - I am undecided at this point on a tank. I do not want to be a Paladin because I just cannot bring myself to play one due to the Lore of the class. SKs can pull and have more utility over a Warrior however a Warrior has great mitigation. I think having an enchanter in the group helps from a pulling perspective. I am leaning more towards a Warrior because of survivability.

War/enc/wiz is where I am currently at. With Mercenaries I hear I can run 1-2 clr and a wiz and destroy some content. I want to say I would like to raid down the road on the warrior but that is a little bit away. At this time it would be group content until I have gained the skills and equipment enough to start raiding. I am undecided on a server at this time but I dont think that will honestly matter from what I am trying to do here.

Thoughts?
  2. Gnomer Pyle New Member

Would probably help to put this in the correct section. Not sure how I pulled that one off :confused: