Returning necro looking for advice

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Ganakus, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Ganakus Journeyman

I've recently come back after several years of taking a break. I've played a necro up into the seventies before and decided to roll a heroic. Kiting is no problem, did the j5 merc quest and a couple quests in HoT, then ran to Gribble and did his HA. Now my question is about spell line up and dot stacking. I've looked everywhere the last couple of days just to avoid this post but everything I find is from 5+ years ago and the best I could find was on necrotalk, I loaded that spell line up and noticed several dots would not stack. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Szilent Augur

Necro dots were changed just over a year ago to be like shm/dru/etc ones. Spell lines no longer stack with themselves, the highest level one you can cast is just much bigger as if it were all the lower ones combined.

ordered by base damage, the Heroic dots are:
    4326 Soul Reaper's Pyre
    3343 Slitherin Venom
    2632 Mortal Coil
    2372 Megrima's Decay
    2270 Fellid's Pallid Haze
    1991 Pyre of the Forgotten
    1735 Scorching Shadow
    2157 Fellid's Grasp is annoying cause double cast time, but the healing offsets hp loss from Death Bloom AA

load those up & the spells Call Skeleton Swarm & Exigency for Blood. Each time you go up a block of levels, those spell lines will each have an upgrade that replaces the previous spell. The first one is Megrima's Decay will become Folasar's Decay at level 86, for instance.

Total side thing, one major upgrade to keep an eye out for is at 87 with new pet spell Aziad's Shade - that higher level pet spell can use a MUCH higher level pet focus. From /baz or from asking your server's #general, get a Imprint of the Enhanced Minion to click on yourself before summoning the Shade.
  3. Ganakus Journeyman

I'll give that a shot, thank you for the help! I've got the level 92 EM 13 sitting in my back pack, I'll have to keep an eye out for the other, you happen to know the name of it?
  4. Szilent Augur

5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The item mentioned (Imprint of the Enhanced Minion) is mage summoned, and it's also EM13, so if you have an item with EM13, don't worry about this item.

Oh wait, just saw, new pet is 87, your item is 92, so it would be useful for 5 levels.

Just remember to target yourself when clicking it, or the focus gets wasted.
  6. Ganakus Journeyman

thank you!
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

What?
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The focus from clicking the Imprint of the Enhanced Minion only goes on you if you target yourself when you click it. I used them on my mage for a while, before I got a better foci, and one time I forgot to target myself, and did not get the buff.

With the buff on you, and pet you create will have the focus.
  9. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Interesting. I’ve never used it. Very interesting.