Returning cleric, concerned about past updates

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Lorinar, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Lorinar New Member

Hey guys I just re installed EQ after a few years to see how things are coming along. I don't really have any ambition to level up or anything serious but i do enjoy exploring old zone for noatalgia sake (usually claasic, kunark and velious). Heres were my concern is, often enough running through these zone un invis would work up a nice sized train that i usually took care of with the trusty ward line of damage shield. But today i was reading this line of spells took a berf a few years back and I'm concerned mowing down hordes of old world mobs with the damage shield is no longer possible with the reduced proc rate on grossly undercon mobs.
  2. Brohg Augur

Yep, not gonna work like that. If that's what you want to get up to, maybe make a new "LorinOr" who's a bit more militant version of divine devotee (ahem, reroll paladin) whose Riposte skill works just dandy to clear out nonsense.

Or you lean on Earthquake line of AEs
  3. kthehammy Elder

It worked just fine a couple weeks ago when I was using this spell to kill pulls of about 50+ mobs in OoW while working on epic 2.0.
  4. Gundolin Augur

If you just want to explore Classic, Kunark, and Velious you should be fine just leveling to around 70 and clearing them out. And by level 105 I'd guess you should be able to handle any train you can pull through Seeds of destruction. And can easily solo through House of Thule.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

Emphasis mine.

Ward was not altered in the frequency of procs on lower cons. You will still be able to do what you used to do. What you can no longer do (If you did it in the first place) is get Shining procs on those old grey mobs- the Vie portion will still function, but the stun/heal will not.
    What you may find yourself having to do, however, is recast the ward, as it has a proc limit of 120 procs and then it fades. It all depends on how many you aggro at once. On the plus side, it's a lot easier nowadays to keep channeling a spell without interruption than it used to be.