Returning Boxer....Firiona Vie?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Atreaux, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Atreaux New Member

Good Evening Forum-Questers....long time player returning with my wife after an extended break.... considering returning and transfering our 6 toons to FV. I have some questions regarding general gameplay. A lot of these questions are pretty vague, i would really appreciate any feedback.

- How is EOK zones? Generally over populated? Im coming from a lower pop server...

-Is botting bad?

-If i were to farm eok gear to sell, how difficult is it to support my 6 accounts with Krono? (I know this question could have a few answers, would appreciate anyones attempt to answer well)

-Most likely going to be group content focused, but buying raid armor/weapons intrigues me...how steep is gear prices from current content raids?

-what is the krono to plat ratio?

-does the bazaar list high enough to sell current content gear?

-how is gear sold that doesnt fit in the bazaar?

-how is the overall atmosphere? Volatile elitists? Family friendly? Depends on the night?

Thanks for reading, look forward to replies....

~Curious Player.
  2. Godwin Journeyman

Not at all - at peak times usually less than 20 in most, if not all EoK zones.

I don't really pay attention to groups outside of my own, but I haven't ran across any that interruptedmy game play.

I think FV may be nearing a tipping point where Krono (3.1-3.5 mil per) has outpaced the cost of current tier gear. It may be feasible, but it would take some effort.

Raid gear is going for roughly 20-30 mil pending the piece and demand at the time.

1Krono =3.1-3.5 mil pp

With the exception of raid gear, mostly yes (baz is capped at 2 mil). The only items not EoK raid that I've seen go for beyond that are TBM raid items (roughly 3-5mil)

Auctioned in general chat

There have been select instances where I have turned off general chat (but that is rare). 98% of the time, the public channels are helpful when asking questions with minimal trolling.
  3. Goranothos Augur

I've been on FV for a few years now and like it. I really love the fact that most gear is freely tradeable and sellable (though you wouldn't know it to look at my own gear, which, with a couple of exceptions, was mostly picked up killing group nameds in two year old expansions).

There was a lot of botting a year or so ago. I would say most of the bot groups have moved to EoK now. They are probably trying to stay out of the way and not interfere with others' gameplay, for fear of being reported/trained/etc.

General chat is pretty good. I leave it turned on unless I'm doing something I need to concentrate on. As @Godwin said, there are a lot of WTS/WTB offers in General, probably because the seller wants more plat than can be handled in a Bazaar transaction. I actually don't mind that, because it kind of reminds me of the old East Commons before there was a Bazaar.

Roleplaying (i.e. talking in character like you were playing a D&D game with your friends) seems to be almost nonexistent.
  4. Atreaux New Member

Thank you guys for the response, i plan to return early next month.