returning bard

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Hingabe, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Hingabe Augur

I stopped playing EQ in late '14/ early '15. I've been thinking about coming back, what changes should I know about?
  2. svann Augur

For group game not much has changed. Manasong is now pulse of sionachie, and it also does other good stuff.

for raid game:
    People about dichotomic psalm nerf but it is still very good. You need to buy the spell then do some questing in TBM to upgrade it. Alliance of sticks and stones is also good but you need at least 2 other bards in raid to make it work well, and 3 (plus you) would be ideal.
  3. svann Augur

For group game not much has changed. Manasong is now pulse of sionachie, and it also does other good stuff.

for raid game:
    People about dichotomic psalm nerf but it is still very good. You need to buy the spell then do some questing in TBM to upgrade it. Alliance of sticks and stones is also good but you need at least 2 other bards in raid to make it work well, and 3 (plus you) would be ideal.
  4. Brohg Augur

Works fine with just two bards total
  5. svann Augur

We apologize for the previous double post. The parties responsible have got the sack.
  6. svann Augur

How do you work that? I can only play it every 3rd song because of cooldown so if i hit it immediately when alliance lands then again every 3rd song that takes about 3+9+9 = 21 seconds. Sticks and stones seems to last about 20-22 seconds depending on server timing. It seems like you would miss about half the time. I guess you would have to start casting the first insult before alliance and then land alliance just before the insult hits? Or am I missing something?
    edit: nm I gotcha. You use alternating insults, right?
  7. Brohg Augur

Bingo, need the Insulter on Tsaph+Garath. Busting 1/tick with everyone just on Tsaph sure is nicer, but 1 / 2ticks (about) is still a ton of damage as long as mana lasts

Couple other classes can use theirs with just a partner. Both knights, nec & bst can. Some can't. Bards are unique in how theirs can be chained with greater numbers, and just slows way down with fewer.