Returning Bard Question (What to twist?)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kolamer, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Kolamer Journeyman

Happy Black Friday everyone!

I have recently returned to the game and I want to start playing my bard again. He is level 74 currently and has decent gear. I have been away for so long, that I do not remember what songs I need to twist when playing him :(

Can someone please give me a rundown of what songs I need to include in my twists (both solo twist and group twist)? I remember back when I played before that I actually had two different group twists saved, one was for dots and the other was for group buffs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Jmac Elder

We really don't twist songs like we used to years ago, there in now a /melody command that will cycle songs automatically. For example, say you want to cycle the first 4 songs on your spell gem, create a macro and in the command line type /melody 1 2 3 4 when you hit that macro those 4 songs will repeat over and over until you /stop or a mob hits you and causes you to stop or you cast a different song and a few other things will stop the melody.

As for what songs to play it will depend on your group and their needs/wants. Mana/health, haste, proc song(there is a melee and a caster one), and a defensive song (ac boost, damage absorb) are a fairly basic song mix that works for most groups and when ur with your merc goin toe to toe with mobs. You can also cycle 5 songs, just have to work with the timers and cool downs between songs. If your in a caster group and pets are tanking I usually cycle mana song with dots, and the dot cycle works great for kiting. (There are also several other ways to kite.)

There are several sites on the net that go into more details and will probably expain things better than I have, but I'm at work and didn't have a lot of time to write this. But I hope this helps some and can get you started, also dont be afraid to ask your group what songs they want, some of the veteran players will know your class better than you do if you have been away for a while.
  3. miroir New Member

A bit sad to know that bard have not to twist song like before :(
  4. Kirbane Augur

oh yea trust me its sad but nice lol, when i came back and some 1 asked me if i was still twisting i asked how else would a bard go about playing his songs lol