returning after 2ish years

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Hingabe, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Hingabe Augur

I left pretty much right after all the pet nerfs that came around cotf time, what is the current state of pet "power"? I was 100 bard (main, 98 mage/necro (boxes). I didn't leave 'because' of the pet nerfs, but it sure didn't help. Just curious how things are these days. I'm planning on resubbing my main account for my bard, but if pets are in a good place, I might resubbing all 3 accounts. I know they changed pet aggro after I left, allowing pets to hold aggro while a melee is in range. That's a good change for my box group :)
  2. Vindicate Elder

Welcome back! Pets where fine back then btw, I pretty much beat 100% of CoTF content with a mage earth pet tanking. Most of that supposed nerf was just a lot of loud talk from people that really didn't know much about anything. I ended up playing a mage at the end of RoF / beginning of CoTF mostly because my group geared SK could not hold a candle to the earth pet for tanking. Rightfully so, that roll has now changed, knights do pretty okie dokie now and pets can still hold their own without too many worries if a competent player is handling them. If you're the type of player that sends his pet in to tank 1 mob while 3-4 others hit it in the back.... well I'm afraid you're in for a bit of frustration. Hopefully that isn't the case!

Pets can still tank things, even the named mobs in EoK content with as little as EM18 the max group focus in game at the moment. Pretty easy to get your hands on too. You can pick that up in sul vius demiplane of decay or Lceanium or Kor Sha Labs, maybe some other places too but that's just off the top of my head.

The new agro things are definitely fun, you can now pair your bard and any other melee with a pet tank.