Returning after 2 years, what happened to AAs?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by tnot, Dec 17, 2017.

1. tnot Elder

When I logged in it prompts me to distribute AAs , there are a bunch of AAs I don't recognize and I have 2500+ to distribute. What happened? It looks like they condensed everything?

Believe I was max AA when I stopped playing.

Level 105 Mage.
    Ryanxp likes this.
  2. Derd Augur

When as lines are consolidated, they are refunded. Probably too late now but if you didn't spend them before logging they disappear. Reading old patch notes is about the only way to know what was consolidated.
  3. tnot Elder

"Probably too late now but if you didn't spend them before logging they disappear."

Wtf... So I just lost 2500 AAs ?

Can I petition in game to get them back?
  4. Brohg Augur

Just like it warned you in popups & red text that you had to click through before logging off...
  5. tnot Elder

I saw nothing like that... Have you ever seen a default UI from a fresh install ? It's a mess. I task managered out when I was unable to camp.

This was done to make the game 'simpler' ... What is simple about changing the name of nearly every aa and expecting a player to reassign 2500 AAs without any understanding of the changes that have been made, in a single game-session no less. Of course I logged out, I wanted to read about the changes before allocating thousands of points to AAs that had been changed & I didn't fully understand.

Don't be a .
  6. Cicelee Augur

Sounds like you lost 2500 AA.
  7. Brohg Augur

I have seen it, and I've seen the popup when tons of AA are refunded that tell you to spend them, and now I've seen people blame game makers when force-crashing the game from the outside, when the game tried to protect them from themselves, causes the exact problems that the game was trying to prevent.
  8. Zalamyr Augur

They still should really redo how they do it. It's pretty silly. You have returning players logging in to thousands of AAs and they have to try and figure out which lines they need to repurchase. It's all pretty annoying and confusing. Given this game sort of lives and dies on returning players, the way this works is pretty crappy.

In some cases, it's a flat out net loss until you grind more AAs because they combined AA lines you hadn't purchased into good ones you had and you don't end up with enough points to get back to the same spot you were in the good line because you're forced to buy the other ones as well.
  9. tnot Elder

Perhaps I shut the window that explained it, when I also clicked the annoying pop ups telling me to buy a gold membership, which I am familiar with and close automatically out of habit.

If there was any other pop up when I tried to log out, I didn't see it, maybe it popped up behind the aa allocation window and thus I couldn't see it.

People task manager out of the game all the time when having problems like freezes and bugs, I've played this game for 17 years on and off and I've task' out hundreds of time for various technical reasons.

This is simply a terrible way to implement something.

I submitted a petition, if they can fix it, great, if they don't, well I have yet to buy the expansion on my other 2 accounts or buy membership for them. If they don't want to fix it, that's fine, 100$+ their loss and a returning player gone. 35$ down the hole for me but it's not a matter of money to me, It's destroying hundreds of hours of my accomplishments with almost no thought or effort given to intelligent implementation or customer service.

If the game has no customer service for people who have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars over the years, it doesn't deserve another cent of my money.
  10. Brohg Augur

You didn't read. You clicked through. You closed this. You ignored that. The game told you why it wasn't letting you close normally. You shot it in the face. Now that it bled a little it's a design/CS problem? Dude.

Subscribe your account. Auto-Grant AA gains will swamp whatever supposed accomplishments you lost.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. tnot Elder

It's already subscribed ( krono ) I've lost hundreds of ranks of AAs essential to my class. I would have to grind for 4 hours a day for a MONTH to regain what I had already previously earned. And only because I'm an efficient Grinder. Seriously, I'm 0/150+ in many AAs . I was previously MAX AAs , having everything needed to function. Now I'm seriously hobbled and just to get back to a playable state and enjoy the content I paid for ID have to grind for a month?

If they can't provide 10 minutes of customer service to restore me 100+ hours of my time and accomplishments, there is no reason to give them another cent. There is at least 1 other game I had in mind to play and it values its players.
  12. tnot Elder

Companions Fury ( my pets offensive ability ) 0/179 ranks. This was previously 2 different aas which I had maxxed completely. My pet is now useless and cannot hold agro until I earn THOUSANDS of AAS.

Heart of Flames: 0/26 . This is my Main Raid Burn AA, absolutely essential to be effective in any raid, and also in groups. Now completely gone. It was maxxed.

Heart of stone: Gone. 0/25
    Heart of Ice: Gone. 0/25
    Heart of Vapor: Gone: 0/25

I use all 3 of those in select raid situations. They were all previously maxxed.

Twinproc: 0/8 . An important AA for my DPS, previously maxxed, now gone.

Companions discipline 0/8: Prevents my pet from being a useless and uncontrollable moron on raids, essential to raid, completely gone.

If I wanted to raid I would need ALL of these maxxed. and to play effectively in the group game, I would need AT LEAST half of the ranks of all of these restored to even begin to be effective in current content.

You don't know what you're talking about.

How would you feel if you lost all of your passive avoidance and mitigation ranks on your tank, along with 75% of your taunt and aggro aas?

" OH, Jump back in game and buddy! You'll be back to new in no time.,"
    And by no time I mean 85-100 hours of constant grinding.
    Oh, wait, you can't tank without those AAs, which makes grinding them back even more time consuming .

I bought this expansion to play it, not to wallow in 5 year old content earning back what was already mine.
  13. toodlem Elder

Sadly, you are 100% correct. I, too, have played over 17 years and spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars... just had to buy a new computer to continue to play as they stopped supporting my OS. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say they were worse than Verant, but DB certainly is. Hell, I miss Smedley. When my one paid account is up (in 2 years) they won't get another dime from me either. I wish someone who cared about EQ and customers would buy the damned game from them. Perhaps it's just the millennial mindset. Perhaps the younger folks are just used to this kind of crap. It's certainly dominant in the customer service industry in America these days.
  14. Brohg Augur

How hard can they even work to prevent you from harming your own account like that? If you're so aware of what you need, why didn't you just hit [Buy All]? Devs even made it just one button press so you wouldn't wear out your poor delicate, self abusing fingers training the AA
    code-zero likes this.
  15. tnot Elder

Get a life Brohg, seriously. You didn't come here to do anything but troll, how sad your life must be, off.
  16. tnot Elder

@ Toodlem.

The problem was consolidation. Larger Corporates and venture capitalists bought every game company and switched from making Good and interesting games to Mass marketing & " Let's sell as many units as possible and if we have to dumb it down to a 6 year old level, fine "

It's ironic, I have thousands to spend and would do so for a single quality game, but I haven't bought a full-title release in nearly 10 years.

The 2 games I play are this, & another which was dropped by its company 10 years ago and re-launched by a fan ( also nearly a 20 year old game ) and the odd game of civilization 4/5, which I think I spent 15 dollars on.

The first game I played I played online was Myth: The Fallen Lords. Amazingly innovative and fun game. Now Bungie just produces console garbage after being bought out.

Computer gaming is probably my biggest hobby/guilty pleasure, and Ive spent almost nothing on it ( when I have money to spend ) for 15 years because nothing new or innovative has been made in that time. Everything has been dumbed down to the point that I don't even play computer games much if ever, and they were/are my favorite time sink. I certainly am not buying new titles.

Computer gaming unfortunately is much like what every other sector of the American economy has become. Consolidation, Cost cutting, and spitting out low quality products to the largest demographic possible, instead of interesting or endearing content or service, they just rely on mass marketing & overwhelming market share. This sort of business model destroys innovation, and you see similar stagnation in other technology, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, etc... "Value extraction", rather than value creation.

Thousands of dollars I'd spend for a good title, but these people just don't 'get it' .

Anyway thanks for your post bud, nice to know I'm not alone in my frustration.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. Igniz Augur

@tnot

1) Brohg is right, you brought that upon yourself, despite your game client warning you multiple times, in a way that normally cannot be overlooked, even with default UI.
    2) Stop insulting people left and right. If you spoke to CS / Petition guy like you speak to people on the forums, you should be glad if you don't find your account blocked
    3) If you need a full month of "grinding 4 hours a day" you should reviev your methods. It's no problem to gain 100+ AA in a single half-hour lesson run with a decent group. That would require you to not insult people on a constant basis, though.
    IblisTheMage and Venaki like this.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

Having said that, it is bad usability design to have a dead end that customers can end up in.

The information overflow for a returning player can be massive.

No matter whos "fault" it is, the current design can lead to a bad user experience, and therefore lost customers amd reputation, in a relevant number of cases.

I hope the OP get his petition.
  19. Tucoh Augur

That sucks, good luck with your petition.

On the bright side, getting AAs is 'much' easier than it was 2 years ago, and you should be able to recoup those AAs faster than you think.